Zeffer's Deep Crystal Blue '16 A/T Touring - Page 3 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 254 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 03:04 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB View Post
It looks like those will only replace a 7440/single filament bulb. We have dual filament 7443's in the front, which is probably why we're having so much trouble with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffer View Post
Actually ended up getting in touch with DD about the lights. Their theory is similar to my dad's: not enough resistance on that circuit, so they suggested another resistor in parallel. Going to try that soon and see what happens. Nice link on the JDMToy stuff, by the way. Might have to try it if this doesn't work.
FYI I have also tried these without success. Just in case you go down that road.

http://amzn.com/B017VCJZPK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 254 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Without success? Thank you for the headsup. I've got a few other ideas up my sleeve for now, but hopefully I can make some progress tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #23 of 254 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Grundle View Post
It looks like those will only replace a 7440/single filament bulb. We have dual filament 7443's in the front, which is probably why we're having so much trouble with them.

FYI I have also tried these without success. Just in case you go down that road.

http://amzn.com/B017VCJZPK
Does the 6 have the parking lights with the turn signals?

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 254 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 06:01 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffer View Post
Without success? Thank you for the headsup. I've got a few other ideas up my sleeve for now, but hopefully I can make some progress tonight.
Yeah they were the last thing that I tried after two resistors in parallel in the rear and directly wiring a resistor into the front harness. Definitely try everything that you can think of, though, because my main issue now is with both lights blinking together when I hit the left turn signal -- I may have fried something in my journeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB View Post
Does the 6 have the parking lights with the turn signals?

Corrrect -- one bulb, two filaments
post #25 of 254 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Checked their website... They don't offer the same setup for the 7443. Damn shame...

post #26 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Garage
Hey everyone! Managed to fix the hyperblink issue with another 50W/6Ohm resistor in parallel with the first one. Added on more suspension bracing from Beatrush, and it's given a very dramatic change to the handling of the front in combination with the urethane, springs, and FSTB.

https://vid.me/cE9P

-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #27 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Garage
Swapped out my reverse bulbs with some DD LEDs, and added one of their LED strips to my trunk. A short ~20in strip was plenty to light up the whole trunk, while still leaving room for more. I'll try to get some pictures up tonight. Car's going in for its second service at 6,000 miles, ish. All in the course of four months. So I'm imagining by the end of 2017 I'll be out of the 36k mile warranty, or at least close.

Looking forward to surviving the powertrain warranty to get this thing tuned!

-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #28 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
What did you run you hood light too?
post #29 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitco99 View Post
What did you run you hood light too?
I can get some pictures if you like! But it's hooked on the battery, fused, routed around the corner and under the fuse box. It's then tucked in the rubber covering on the driver's side underhood, and routed through the hood. The push-pin is routed elsewhere, and we had to extend the wiring a little bit. It's grounded at a factory ground near the battery. Not a 100% factory looking installation, but the fuse is nice for easy access to remove. No way I'm going to route that all into the fuse box or wherever.

-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #30 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Garage
Trunk light install. Easy stuff, right from Diode Dynamics (who is no longer providing 4000k 7443 LED switchbacks, for those curious).

The reverse lights were easy to install as well. Small flathead, pop off the dozen trunk liner clips, and remove the bulbs by rotating the connector a little bit.

-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page