Zeffer's Deep Crystal Blue '16 A/T Touring - Page 25 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #241 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Car looks amazing. I'll be installing air in a few months.

Any pics of the trunk setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoname View Post
Car looks amazing. I'll be installing air in a few months.

Any pics of the trunk setup?
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Let me know if you need any tips on the install. I have some pics at home; I'll upload them once I find them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #243 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
What a great thread. Only problem is it took me three days to finish reading it.

Great info and learned a lot. Appreciate the time taken to post and share.
Oh... and nice ride!
Zeffer likes this.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
What a great thread. Only problem is it took me three days to finish reading it.

Great info and learned a lot. Appreciate the time taken to post and share.
Oh... and nice ride!
Thanks man. I used my second post in this thread on the first page to help give the whole thing a "table of contents" so to speak of all the important stuff. I'm glad you liked what's in here. Lots more to come too; gotta prep for IA Talladega.

-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #245 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffer View Post

Yikes! Trunk space all gone. I like my dead hooker capacity on my 6 lol.

Seriously tho, that air unit is pretty compact, I was thinking they were a lot bigger.

2014 Mazda6 GT
Corksport * Racing Beat * Koni * Gram Lights * MV Tuning
post #246 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC79G35 View Post
Yikes! Trunk space all gone. I like my dead hooker capacity on my 6 lol.

Seriously tho, that air unit is pretty compact, I was thinking they were a lot bigger.
Oh, yeah, definitely. The management manifold is tucked in the corner out of view of the camera, along with extra line length and wires. Still need to get that cleaned up. But the tank is a four-gallon aluminum with a single 444c compressor with V2 management. Very space saving, if it weren't for the subwoofers.

-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #247 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 03:37 PM

Right now I have almost everything I need except the management, just debating between accuair or airlift's v2 / 3p.
post #248 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Track Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoname View Post
Right now I have almost everything I need except the management, just debating between accuair or airlift's v2 / 3p.
For me personally, I didn't see a big need for 3p's functionality with the sensors, or use of the remote. I only ever need to actuate the suspension while in the car, and the additional presets for V2 on top of lower cost and simplicity were a no brainer. I don't have any experience with Accuair or anything. All my friends and I are on AirLift.

-

-
-

Jacksonville, FL
post #249 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffer View Post
For me personally, I didn't see a big need for 3p's functionality with the sensors, or use of the remote. I only ever need to actuate the suspension while in the car, and the additional presets for V2 on top of lower cost and simplicity were a no brainer. I don't have any experience with Accuair or anything. All my friends and I are on AirLift.
These are the prices I have seen for the main manifold plus the 2nd compressor harness

v2: $1160 ... 3p: $1370
$210 difference between one or the other is not too big a deal for me. Although like you, I like the 8 presets of the v2.
I need to find out what other differences there are between these two, besides being able to install height sensors in the future.

The Accuair from what I can see would be like ~$1600 for the manifold and height sensors, plus another $225 for the key fob.
(I don't want the height sensors but seems like the Accuair key fobs only work with the height sensors installed).

And this key fob is the only reason I would like to go Accuair over Airlift.
https://accuair.com/airmanagementpro...ireless-fobs-0

I really like the simplicity of Airlift's all in one manifold more than Accuair system.

Well...

Now that I write this all down I see it's just a question of if I am willing to spend an extra 4 to 6 hundred $ for a key fob (and height sensors).
post #250 of 254 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Yo! How did you mod your infotainment system? I clicked this link you posted > http://forum.mazda6club.com/4790521-post61.html < and it doesn't work. Well, sometimes it takes me to this screen (pictured below) and sometimes it just redirects me to some sites that say I'm being hacked. Maybe the link is outdated? Or my pc just isn't allowing it.

Nice ride btw. Hows that Tanabe exhaust sound? I'm planning on getting one (an exhaust-not specifically Tanabe) in the future, but I don't want to pay a good amount of money for something that is only going to sound slightly louder than stock..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mh.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	222066  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page