23TDuratecMerkur's 04 V6 Build Thread - Page 12 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 118 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got word from my pops that he's in the process of ordering parts for the engine build. This has been a long time in the making. Will keep you updated on any developments.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fully Bolted 2004 V6 | MSDS Headers | Injen CAI | MagnaFlow CBE | Brembo BBK | BC Racing Coilovers |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Newest purchase.
23TDuratecMerkur's 04 V6 Build Thread-imageuploadedbyag-free1488651577.454844.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Fully Bolted 2004 V6 | MSDS Headers | Injen CAI | MagnaFlow CBE | Brembo BBK | BC Racing Coilovers |
|
post #113 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Newest acquisition:

23TDuratecMerkur's 04 V6 Build Thread-imageuploadedbyag-free1489611214.892844.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

One of the remaining issues I'm still having with my 6 is the idle dropping/becoming erratic when the clutch is pressed in. From what I've been reading this was caused by running the 3.7 OTB and being the unlucky one to have the harness issue. (Go figure...) This was also accompanied by a few CELs:

P2135: Throttle Position Sensor No.1 / No. 2 Voltage Correlation
P0123: Throttle Position Sensor No.1 Circuit High Input
P0222: Throttle Position Sensor No.2 Circuit Low Input

I put in the diode (Part # Ajt1-13-Zs8) and so far the CEL has not come back, but I am still having issues with the RPMs dropping (sometimes stalling) when the clutch is pressed.

|
post #115 of 118 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Well folks I have a crap ton of new parts coming in:
Headlights
Corbeau CR1 seats
Harness Bar,
4pt harness.

In addition to the new shiny bits, maintenance is coming along as expected. The exhaust leak is fixed. I'll be replacing the flex pipe and swapping the cat for a straight pipe and adding a resonator. Pics to come in the upcoming weeks as I get everything installed.

|
post #116 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 04:12 AM Thread Starter

Strut Bar Sanded and Polished.

I finally finished sanding and polishing the strut bar. Now some may say that I should just bought a new one and saved myself the money, time and hassle. They would be right; but there's something about doing work with you own hands that I always find more satisfying. So here is the end result.

|

Last edited by 23TDuratecMerkur; 04-08-2017 at 04:23 AM.
post #117 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

// 4/9/2017 //
Quite a few things happened this weekend. As you all know I finished polishing my strut bar and she's finally in.

I also installed my Corbeau CR1 racing seats. This was by no means an easy install. Straightforward? Yes, but not without a little tooling around in typical DIY fashion. Right off the bat the holes for the seat bracket did not align. The driver side was somewhat decent and requires some burring of the steel to make clearance. The passanger side was very off and needed a new hole in the frame to be added. (on my follow up list).

I still have not decided what I am going to do about the airbag light. That's something to be addressed at another point.

That's the good…..now here's the bad….

|

Last edited by 23TDuratecMerkur; 04-09-2017 at 10:06 PM.
post #118 of 118 (permalink) Old 11-03-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation End of a Chapter...And A Lesson to All

Well folks it's been a while since I wrote on here. The good news is that after I blew the gasket I was able to get the engine replaced with a spare. About 3 weeks later the clutch (FX200) went on me. I decided after that to udgrade to a FX300 and change the flywheel (SPEC). Shorltly thereafter while doing some work to the car I (unbeknownst to me at the time) pinch the throttle body harness where the intake meets the head. This led to a plethora of troubleshooting, swapping parts and eventually buying a new ECU. Having had enough I decided it was best to cut my losses and start anew. I recently picked up a red speed6 in CT and am in the process of tearing down the V6.

While this is definitely a step in the right direction I was and still am a heavy supporter and fighter for the V6. Truth be told I was pretty upset that I overlooked this, despite being happy with the new car and looking forward to modding it. Let my struggle be a lesson to my fellow wrenchers. Slow Down. Look. Look Again. Look Some More. Keep On Looking. TRACE WIRES. Lol. It may sound silly, over the top, OCD, but sometimes it's the little things we miss. I consider myself a very capable backyard mechanic. However, this was thing that I couldnt make heads or tales of.

Having said that this is the end of my V6 build. The Phoenix lives on, reincarnated in my new speed6. I'll be starting a thread on that build here in a few days time.

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page