3rd Gen Mazda 6 Picture Thread - Page 122 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

276Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1211 of 1220 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda6Suspension View Post
So basically you guys bought it for the LED DRL look

I mean if you are going hid projector, you are actually stepping up cause they are better than halogen projector even if the hid projector is aftermarket. I have twice the visibility with my aftermarket hid projectors than I ever had with OEM halogen ones

But going from a good OEM Mazda halogen projectors to a potato projectors that are still halogen makes no sense imo

Thatís the weird thing. With the halogen
Version...the led arent the drl. Itís still the high beam. The led ďcĒ bars turn on when you turn on the parking light. Unless, you change the wiring around, they donít come on as DRL.

If I knew the projector sucked , I wouldnít have bought. Live and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1212 of 1220 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 40 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcaneous View Post
That’s the weird thing. With the halogen
Version...the led arent the drl. It’s still the high beam. The led “c” bars turn on when you turn on the parking light. Unless, you change the wiring around, they don’t come on as DRL.

If I knew the projector sucked , I wouldn’t have bought. Live and learn.

so, basically, you have turn the parking lights all the time for the C bars to be on?

your only option is just upgrading to the chinese headlight with hid projector and getting yourself an hid kit

unless you have the knowledge and experience to retrofit your stock halogen headlights?

you could do that, bake, open them and install some new hid projectors, obviously, you still gonna need an hid kit. The halogen projectors of the Mazda 6 are pretty decent and if you are going to upgrade them, might as well just go with hid projectors.

I didn't wanna deal with retrofitting, so I just got those chinese headlights

Those C headlights are a ripoff then, they cost what $450? even $500 I've seen them on ebay and alibaba and they are halogen and no DRL led

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 03-19-2018 at 09:38 PM.
post #1213 of 1220 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
so, basically, you have turn the parking lights all the time for the C bars to be on?

your only option is just upgrading to the chinese headlight with hid projector and getting yourself an hid kit

unless you have the knowledge and experience to retrofit your stock halogen headlights?

you could do that, bake, open them and install some new hid projectors, obviously, you still gonna need an hid kit. The halogen projectors of the Mazda 6 are pretty decent and if you are going to upgrade them, might as well just go with hid projectors.

I didn't wanna deal with retrofitting, so I just got those chinese headlights

Those C headlights are a ripoff then, they cost what $450? even $500 I've seen them on ebay and alibaba and they are halogen and no DRL led

300 shipped for halogen version. Not
Sure what the hid version goes for as they werenít available with a direct connection for sport model. Itís nice the c bars arenít on all the time. Helps prevent them burning out soon. You can never be sure how great the quality is when they come from China. Like my 2016 GT taillights burning our after 6 months.

These were like the first generation of after-market headlight. Then that mustang version/pre-2016 GT headlight. Finally, we come to the headlights etbis , or whatever his name is, is selling. Which have way better quality in terms of projectors components.

And good luck retrofitting the stock halogens. My headlights are perma-sealed. I gave up after 3 attempts. Not worth risking destroying the stock headlights after that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1214 of 1220 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
300 shipped for halogen version. Not
Sure what the hid version goes for as they weren’t available with a direct connection for sport model. It’s nice the c bars aren’t on all the time. Helps prevent them burning out soon. You can never be sure how great the quality is when they come from China. Like my 2016 GT taillights burning our after 6 months.

These were like the first generation of after-market headlight. Then that mustang version/pre-2016 GT headlight. Finally, we come to the headlights etbis , or whatever his name is, is selling. Which have way better quality in terms of projectors components.

And good luck retrofitting the stock halogens. My headlights are perma-sealed. I gave up after 3 attempts. Not worth risking destroying the stock headlights after that.

You're biased because you had a bad experience with those tailights, though. The makers of these Mazda 6 headlights only make headlights. They don't make taillights. You say

"Not sure how great quality they are if they come from China"

The corksport shocks you have come from china. The iPhone comes from China. We own a vehicle that is not very popular, therefore, our market is limited. It sucks that only decent body kit comes form Russia and you get raped with shipping.

Other two people here own the pre facelift GT headlights since 2016 and they say no problems. Etbis has had the headlights I have more than 1 year without a problem. Losing the led drl wouldn't be a big deal, cause even oem cars have these problems. I've many Nissan and even bmws without one led drl. This could happen to people who own a GT as well.

If it happens, big deal, you still have headlights with hid projectors and black housing design, you still have headlights that uses d2s bulbs and the low beams work with high beams just like any other hid projector out there

If you're buying these headlights just for the led drl, then you are buying for the wrong reason

Also, you can open these headlights and upgrade the projectors if you want. If the led drl burn, you can open the headlights and attempt to fix them or remove them

You say is impossible to open the stock halogen? It has been done before on hidplanet, it can be done is just a pain in the ass

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...a-6-quad-retro

Last edited by Mazda6Suspension; 03-20-2018 at 07:23 AM.
post #1215 of 1220 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
You're biased because you had a bad experience with those tailights, though. The makers of these Mazda 6 headlights only make headlights. They don't make taillights. You say

"Not sure how great quality they are if they come from China"

The corksport shocks you have come from china. The iPhone comes from China. We own a vehicle that is not very popular, therefore, our market is limited. It sucks that only decent body kit comes form Russia and you get raped with shipping.

Other two people here own the pre facelift GT headlights since 2016 and they say no problems. Etbis has had the headlights I have more than 1 year without a problem. Losing the led drl wouldn't be a big deal, cause even oem cars have these problems. I've many Nissan and even bmws without one led drl. This could happen to people who own a GT as well.

If it happens, big deal, you still have headlights with hid projectors and black housing design, you still have headlights that uses d2s bulbs and the low beams work with high beams just like any other hid projector out there

Also, you can open these headlights and upgrade the projectors if you want. If the led drl burn, you can open the headlights and attempt to fix them or remove them

100.00 shipping for full lip kit from
Russia is not ďrapeĒ. Thatís a pretty damn good deal. Also considering it takes about a a week for delivery is even better! Considering how other companies sell
Just side skirts for 1,000 without shipping. Itís a great deal.

The headlights etbis sell are a lot
Better in terms of quality then the c-bar headlights. I wouldnít be worried about those at all. The c bar ones I donít trust at all.

And yes, Iím a bit bias about the taillights. A new product , esp one for safety , shouldnít fail in 6 months. Luckily it was just the parking lights , both sides on the trunk, that failed and not the actual brake led.

So itís understandable that I wouldnít trust those again. Canít risk my 2 daughters life to taillights like that. Took my chance once, not again.

post #1216 of 1220 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
100.00 shipping for full lip kit from
Russia is not ďrapeĒ. Thatís a pretty damn good deal. Also considering it takes about a a week for delivery is even better! Considering how other companies sell
Just side skirts for 1,000 without shipping. Itís a great deal.

The headlights etbis sell are a lot
Better in terms of quality then the c-bar headlights. I wouldnít be worried about those at all. The c bar ones I donít trust at all.

And yes, Iím a bit bias about the taillights. A new product , esp one for safety , shouldnít fail in 6 months. Luckily it was just the parking lights , both sides on the trunk, that failed and not the actual brake led.

So itís understandable that I wouldnít trust those again. Canít risk my 2 daughters life to taillights like that. Took my chance once, not again.

My point is that that's what we have to go through due to owning a car that is not very popular. Other people with more popular cars get to have domestic body kits with free shipping.

You were comparing the headlights to those taillights. They are not made by the same company. Etbis has those taillights you bought and claims no problem, but chances are, he will have a problem with them in the future

I was thinking of buying them someday, but not after learning about your experience.

I don't regret buying these headlights. I don't drive my car too much, so they should last for quite a few years, by the time the led's go to shit or something goes wrong with the projectors, which is very unlikely, I would be in the market to move up to different vehicle anyway. I plan on keeping this car for 7 or 8 years max.
post #1217 of 1220 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
My point is that that's what we have to go through due to owning a car that is not very popular. Other people with more popular cars get to have domestic body kits with free shipping.

You were comparing the headlights to those taillights. They are not made by the same company. Etbis has those taillights you bought and claims no problem, but chances are, he will have a problem with them in the future

I was thinking of buying them someday, but not after learning about your experience.

I don't regret buying these headlights. I don't drive my car too much, so they should last for quite a few years, by the time the led's go to shit or something goes wrong with the projectors, which is very unlikely, I would be in the market to move up to different vehicle anyway. I plan on keeping this car for 7 or 8 years max.

I have my etbis headlights coming in today

post #1218 of 1220 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 04:18 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Washed the 6 and snapped some pics to create my for sale ad

post #1219 of 1220 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I have my etbis headlights coming in today

post #1220 of 1220 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 02:25 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
clean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page