Byakuya's 2014 Grand Touring Shiro Shinobi - Page 59 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #581 of 589 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Try paintless dent removal? Even go to them with the door interior panel removed for best possible results? Would suggest leaving it to a pro....

Cdn17Sport6MT
Vancouver, BC Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 589 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 753 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2731 Post(s)
Thanked 3,990 Times in 2,803 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT View Post
Try paintless dent removal? Even go to them with the door interior panel removed for best possible results? Would suggest leaving it to a pro....
Oh I usually would in a heartbeat......but buying a house is expensive

Even then, though - the lower one isn't a dent, if anything it's bulging at a weird angle.....Don't know how to express it or how it could have happened. It's worth getting a quote though.....now if only I had the time to do so

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #583 of 589 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ouch. So sorry.

And, yes try the "paint-less" dent repair guy first. Otherwise, if it has to go to a body shop, so be it. At least, small dents don't detract from the utility of your car...even though they are heart-breaking.

There is a particular ring in hell reserved for the inconsiderate souls who fling their doors open into other vehicles.

2016 Mazda 6 Touring (w/6-speed manual transmission)
OE fog lights/navigation card/auto-dimming mirror/
Tanabe front strut bar/
Orange Virus 91-octane tune/Racing Beat rear muffler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #584 of 589 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Haven't posted here in a little bit because I've been so busy lately.

Got a chance to clean her up this weekend before heading to a wedding - always a good feeling! Refinished rims are still looking good, but I found a couple spots I might have to touch up a little bit.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.

post #585 of 589 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
you should wrap the roof black and tint the windows darker
post #586 of 589 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
you should wrap the roof black and tint the windows darker
Not a huge fan of wrapping, plus my roof rack is on a majority of the year and that adds the right amount of contrast. Tint is darkest allowed in the state.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

post #587 of 589 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Few updates to make, since it's been a little while.....

Haven't been spending much time on the car because I've been too busy working on a house we just bought. Included in that is the work area I made, which I'm quite proud of having zero woodworking experience and only some basic tools + mitre saw.

(Right-click and "Open Image in New Tab" for full zoooooom)

Next, I figured those of you who aren't used to how much damage the saline solution that us Northerners put on our roads can cause would appreciate this. My wife called on her way home, saying it sounded like rocks were bouncing around her wheel well. Figuring she wasn't describing it perfectly, I assumed a strut had blown.......

"Well, there's your problem."
Replaced the bracket and the strut while I was there - super simple, but I was amazed the bracket died before the strut, then I remembered where we live.

Next, I've officially had to do my first real "repair" on the car. 5.8 years, 134k miles, and my serpentine belt exploded on me while on the highway. Thankfully I was only about a mile from home - $22 and about half an hour later, good to go!

Finally, I had a chance for the first time in a couple years, to spend an entire day on the car.
My Arsenal:

The Result:

....But of course it's going to rain the next few days
jcme0557 likes this.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

Last edited by Byakuya; 09-10-2018 at 08:17 AM.
post #588 of 589 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 08:24 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Thanked 1,119 Times in 818 Posts
Groaned at 14 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
Lookin' good... Well, except the roof rack... lol

And in case anyone thinks that pic of the work bench makes it look a little short, it's not the pic...

2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
The Following User Says Thank You to Mz6GreyGhost For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (09-10-2018)
post #589 of 589 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz6GreyGhost View Post
Lookin' good... Well, except the roof rack... lol
Ugly, but necessary! We love when we can just toss the bikes on and go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz6GreyGhost View Post
And in case anyone thinks that pic of the work bench makes it look a little short, it's not the pic...
Not by choice! That part came with the house lol - I just built around it to match :P

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page