LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
here's my smokestone6. i dont remember seeing anyone with this color. does anyone else have em? ive only had my 6 for about 6 months. ... once it gets warmer, im gonna get HIDs, fogs, springs, a new grille and black out my black emblem. its wayyy too cold to do anything right now.

and i took these with the nikon D90 if anyone was wondering. haha.

eyelids.

zoom-zoom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 02:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 2
QUOTE (xGiLBE33 @ Jan 24 2009, 08:07 PM)
Quote:
here's my smokestone6. i dont remember seeing anyone with this color. does anyone else have em? ive only had my 6 for about 6 months. ... once it gets warmer, im gonna get HIDs, fogs, springs, a new grille and black out my black emblem. its wayyy too cold to do anything right now.

and i took these with the nikon D90 if anyone was wondering. haha.

eyelids.

zoom-zoom.

[/b]
correct me if im wrong, but isn't smokestone and pebble-ash the same color? i believe theres already a thread for pebble-ash owners. i think if you search you can find the thread for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 MAZDA6s 5-door (tungsten gray)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
QUOTE (H15A5H1 @ Jan 25 2009, 02:51 AM)
Quote:
correct me if im wrong, but isn't smokestone and pebble-ash the same color? i believe theres already a thread for pebble-ash owners. i think if you search you can find the thread for it.[/b]
is it? if it is, i'm assuming the "smokestone" is jus actual dealer color name? haha. unless they put pebble-ash on 03-05 models? or jus did both? who knows.

i was jus sharing mine. but i'll go find that thread.

edit: yea, i guess you were right.. haha.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:55 AM

Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
No, smokestone replaced pebble ash in 07. Pebble ash is darker and has more of a gold touch while smokestone is almost silver/peach. Similar but at the same time, rather different.

A friend of mine had an 07 6i in smokestone and we had a photo of our cars at the dragstrip. Can't find it now, but the difference between the two is obvious.

Now rocking a 91 Miata

|
|
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 03:59 PM

Smokestone on the left, Pebble Ash on the right. Not the greatest example by any means, especially with a shitty little pocket cam back then, but as I said before, the difference is obvious.

In this light the Pebble Ash has more of an olive color.

Now rocking a 91 Miata

|
|
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
the smokestone looks more glossed... and the pebble ash looks more dull. then again, it might be the lighting again.. haha.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 11:02 PM

QUOTE (xGiLBE33 @ Jan 25 2009, 07:59 PM)
Quote:
the smokestone looks more glossed... and the pebble ash looks more dull. then again, it might be the lighting again.. haha.[/b]
Obviously that is the lighting.

Now rocking a 91 Miata

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page