A few shots of the car after new mods - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
New mods featured in the (average quality from a shitty digi) pics are RB Springs, Satin Fuel door, & calipers painted black. Pics were touched up quick & dirty like in PS because they were terrible coming off the camera.

I wish there was a decent front lip for the 06+ that matched the lines/level of the side skirts, or perhaps I need to just get the little black OEM skirts to go under it.

2013 Mustang 6MT
2007 T-Gray 6s MT
, traded
2008 Phantom Blue Mica 3s Hatch - AT
, Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
looks nice....i too would like a modest front lip.

-'06 2.3 6i mtx-
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Is it me or does the rear wheel gap seem less than the front, especially in the full on side view?

2003 Performance White 6s MTX, CPE CAI MAF-CI, Xtec 5000K HIDs, Superwhite LEDs, TB bypass, EGR mod, Iridium NGKs, 25% tint, clear sidemarkers w/ turn signal mod, brakelight mod, SU MM, MazdaSpeed Short Throw Shifter, Custom Exhaust: 12" glass pak resonator and axle-back Str8s, Flat Black painted bezels, Exedy Stage 1 clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, ceramic pads, Redline MT-90, Mobil-1 0W-20 and Mobil-1 Mercon V PS fluid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

QUOTE (dfw6er @ Dec 11 2008, 02:55 PM)
Quote:
Is it me or does the rear wheel gap seem less than the front, especially in the full on side view?[/b]
It is less than the front, but it is less than the front stock ride height too. I would've loved to go a little lower, maybe something like the GF210's but even with the 3/4" of the RB's I already come close to scraping going up some driveways. Damn huge curbs & speedbumps.

When it gets warmer I need to take the fronts apart again b/c I realized as I was returning the spring compressor I forgot to cut the front bump stops because I was rushing as it was ~43deg the day I did the spring install. At the modest drop of the RB's tho it shouldnt be much of an issue. Plus Id like to swap to some mazdaspeed6 shocks.

2013 Mustang 6MT
2007 T-Gray 6s MT
, traded
, Stock
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
QUOTE (mariusvt @ Dec 11 2008, 02:48 PM)
Quote:
It is less than the front, but it is less than the front stock ride height too. I would've loved to go a little lower, maybe something like the GF210's but even with the 3/4" of the RB's I already come close to scraping going up some driveways. Damn huge curbs & speedbumps.

When it gets warmer I need to take the fronts apart again b/c I realized as I was returning the spring compressor I forgot to cut the front bump stops because I was rushing as it was ~43deg the day I did the spring install. At the modest drop of the RB's tho it shouldnt be much of an issue. Plus Id like to swap to some mazdaspeed6 shocks.[/b]

you roll your fenders? In addition, talk to Tiff about when she's going to put the MS springs back on sale and make sure you get the ones for the 6S hatch, not the sedan.

2003 Performance White 6s MTX, CPE CAI MAF-CI, Xtec 5000K HIDs, Superwhite LEDs, TB bypass, EGR mod, Iridium NGKs, 25% tint, clear sidemarkers w/ turn signal mod, brakelight mod, SU MM, MazdaSpeed Short Throw Shifter, Custom Exhaust: 12" glass pak resonator and axle-back Str8s, Flat Black painted bezels, Exedy Stage 1 clutch and Fidanza Flywheel, ceramic pads, Redline MT-90, Mobil-1 0W-20 and Mobil-1 Mercon V PS fluid
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

QUOTE (dfw6er @ Dec 11 2008, 04:05 PM)
Quote:
you roll your fenders? In addition, talk to Tiff about when she's going to put the MS springs back on sale and make sure you get the ones for the 6S hatch, not the sedan.[/b]

No, fenders arent rolled. I have the racing beat springs on the car, I was just saying I would have liked to go with something with a little lower of a drop like the GF210's @ 1.2" but the curbs/speed bumps ("traffic calming") in this area tend to be huge. I already almost scrape with the 3/4" drop that the RB springs provide, another 1/2" and Id rub some curbs pulling into driveways.

2013 Mustang 6MT
2007 T-Gray 6s MT
, traded
, Stock
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 04:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to kewlguy5
looks good! another fellow tgray member! woot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Tungsten Grey Vii6 S
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 05:27 PM

Groans: 2
QUOTE (dfw6er @ Dec 11 2008, 11:55 AM)
Quote:
Is it me or does the rear wheel gap seem less than the front, especially in the full on side view?[/b]
on all cars, the tips of the front and rear wheel arches are not the same. if you take a perfectly even profile picture and draw a line from one tip to the other, the rear arch will always sit slightly lower.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mazda_mazda6_s5doorgrandtouring_2008_exterior_sideview_640x480_1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	70024  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 MAZDA6s 5-door (tungsten gray)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page