*Calling all 06' Owners* - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 339 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
I'm going to try to talk to my boy at my shop to see if theirs anyway he can maybe sand down some portions of the lip, so that the gap isn't as big.

But god damn either way, it looks too sexy. But what do you guys think about the side skirts situation? Noone's really posted a pic with the comparison of them. You think it looks good or is the difference very noticable?[/b]
The lip is a lot taller compared to the stock skirts.. but it might not look as bad when the lips are painted. ive seen some atenzas in japan running the ks lip with stock skirts and it looked pretty good. although jdm stock skirts actually flare outwards; not inwards like our usdm 6s. the only way to get a perfect match is if you buy the ks skirts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 MAZDA6s 5-door (tungsten gray)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 339 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Groans: 10
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
I'd have to see pictures of the lip when painted and fitted properly, but it looks too much like an add-on piece. Hopefully I change my mind when I see it painted. Congrats on the lips for the 06 guys though![/b]

+1. Sorry 06-07 guys but i dont think ill be putting the lip on my car, im gonna get the extreme front bumper from Accolade.

304whp/360tq Vdyno 1.01 CF
Cobb AP, Sure 3" Full3 Aeros Intake, Autotech Internals, M2 DP, 3" CP-E Single Exit (w/resonator), 3.25" ETS, PnP'ed IM w/VTCS removed, 1/16"Sure TIG spacer Synapse BPV, AWR 70 Duro RMM, JBR 70 Duro TMM, Denso 1-Step Colder Plugs, TWM Shifter Bushings, SM OCC, Custom Shift Knob, Custom Shifter Weight, SURE Shorcut, H&R Springs, Tenzo DC-6 Wheels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 339 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:13 PM

Groans: 0
Quote:
+1. Sorry 06-07 guys but i dont think ill be putting the lip on my car, im gonna get the extreme front bumper from Accolade.[/b]
The extreme bumper from accolade is just that, way TOO extreme. I don't want to change the total appearance of our cars, I just want to add a bit to it. Imma make this lip work! And on black it'll look even better.

But knowing you, I know you're gonna make that extreme bumper look sex lol... What are you gonna do with the lip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 339 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
The extreme bumper from accolade is just that, way TOO extreme. I don't want to change the total appearance of our cars, I just want to add a bit to it. Imma make this lip work! And on black it'll look even better.

But knowing you, I know you're gonna make that extreme bumper look sex lol... What are you gonna do with the lip?[/b]
Lol, that bumper is subtle compared to most, OH YA AND HAS A BADASS GRILL ON IT!!!! Plus i have the accompanying (sp? lol) mods to pull it off.

IM gonna sell the lip here on the forum, or my local forum.

Black cars MIGHT be able to pull this off, but i just think it doesnt match up how i would have liked it to.

But then again, what do i know... this might get painted and look FRICKIN AWESOME

Cobb AP, Sure 3" Full3 Aeros Intake, Autotech Internals, M2 DP, 3" CP-E Single Exit (w/resonator), 3.25" ETS, PnP'ed IM w/VTCS removed, 1/16"Sure TIG spacer Synapse BPV, AWR 70 Duro RMM, JBR 70 Duro TMM, Denso 1-Step Colder Plugs, TWM Shifter Bushings, SM OCC, Custom Shift Knob, Custom Shifter Weight, SURE Shorcut, H&R Springs, Tenzo DC-6 Wheels

post #15 of 339 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 15
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Send a message via AIM to triplejumper18
Isn't the Extreme bumper a lot more expensive also?

post #16 of 339 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:41 PM

Groans: 5
Quote:
+1. Sorry 06-07 guys but i dont think ill be putting the lip on my car, im gonna get the extreme front bumper from Accolade.[/b]
+1, there are too many holes and grill gaps. hoping it looks better painted...

2007 6S ATX **SOLD
HID's 35w 5000K - clear side markers - smoked rear reflectors
- footwell leds - badgeless grill - eyelids - auxmod basic
- power folding mirrors w/turn signals
- 18x8 Rota P1 wheels w/Kumho ecsta SPT 225/40/18 tires
- Magnaflow CB exhaust - CPE Mafci intake
post #17 of 339 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Isn't the Extreme bumper a lot more expensive also?[/b]

$180 shipped for CS lip (right?).

Accolade has a special this year (i think for all of 2008) where i can get that beautiful thing for $400 shipped. Now obvioulsy that another $200 bucks more then CS, BUTTTTTT it has a P.I.M.P. ass grill thats already attatched to the bumper, and we all know how FUCKED we are with grills (06-07) guys.

Its also plastic/urethane instead of fiberglass.

post #18 of 339 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 15
Groaned at 15 Times in 11 Posts
Send a message via AIM to triplejumper18
Quote:
$180 shipped for CS lip (right?).

Accolade has a special this year (i think for all of 2008) where i can get that beautiful thing for $400 shipped. Now obvioulsy that another $200 bucks more then CS, BUTTTTTT it has a P.I.M.P. ass grill thats already attatched to the bumper, and we all know how FUCKED we are with grills (06-07) guys.

Its also plastic/urethane instead of fiberglass.[/b]
It's also going to cost a couple hundred more to paint.

post #19 of 339 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Stormshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Stormshadow
Cool

it looks like it matches performance white fine. shit id add it on w/out painting if it looks close enough...lol. it looks good but definitely needs painting on non white cars. WHat is all that blue stuff that goes around the trim of lip? Is there anyway to get rid of it? Is it those 3m double sided tape strpes? if someone has pics of this lip non painted and installed on a performance white car, please.
post #20 of 339 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 04:39 PM

dont buy from accolade. It took them 9 months to ship, and the product was damaged. Buy from one of our sponsors besides them. They are horrible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page