Mazda 6 Forums banner

Pacific NW Meetup

6K views 57 replies 8 participants last post by  waughoo 
#1 ·
Pacific NW Meetup - April 27th, 2019

Hello Pac NW peoples, spring is coming and that means motoring season. There have been a few of us (mostly wagon owners) who have been throwing around the idea of getting to know each other face-to-face and participate in a 1st ever wagon meetup, community tire-kicking and parts swap. While the birth was instigated by wagon love I would love to see sedans and hatch's there as well. In fact, if you drive a 2nd or 3rd gen that would be great too.
The two large population centers are Seattle and Portland so a meet location somewhere in between was suggested. I know this leaves a few of you east state and southern Oregon folks out logistically but hey, more time to enjoy the '6' as you drive extra distance is what the pleasure is all about...right?
I will recruit here with a few of the folks I know are interested but if you don't see your name and want to join us then please do. @waughoo @hurddawg @dave in edmonds @zsElric @posttosh sorry if I forgot someone.

I was envisioning Late March or April as this reduces the chances of snow with our ever increasing weather schizophrenia.

Post your availability and we'll put together a poll for a vote yes?

Cheers to all and can't wait.

The date is April 27th, 2019 @ 11:00 lets hope for good weather.

Location: Between Portland and Seattle = DeGoede Bulb Farm - Mossyrock, WA.

409 Mossyrock Rd W, Mossyrock, WA 98564

ALL MAZDA 6s Welcome

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds fun! Wish I wasn’t literally on the opposite side of the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I'm totally in and can be quite flexible with a week or so notice. I'd love to put in a drive of some sort. I always enjoy a romp out to the coast but that has to do with my specific interest in the water. I'm also game to put in planning time or support as needed. I really want to meet all you other enthusiasts. I've embarrassed myself more than once chatting up another 6 driver at a gas station waxing poetic about what they feel is basic transportation ? .

#4 ·
I work 6 days a week, but I probably can get a Saturday off if i find out a head of time

Sunday wise - I probably wont be able to make it until April 7th. I have plans for the 24th and 31st already.

April 14th I have a Mariners game and then the 21st is Easter.

Reactions: DrFeelGood
#6 ·
I work 6 days a week, but I probably can get a Saturday off if i find out a head of time

Sunday wise - I probably wont be able to make it until April 7th. I have plans for the 24th and 31st already.

April 14th I have a Mariners game and then the 21st is Easter.

Hello again @zsElric @waughoo @dave in edmonds so, I was thinking either of the two following Saturdays:

1. April 20th
2. April 27th

Any issue or conflicts?

Hurddawg is that enough time for you to get that crate back on the road :wink2:

#8 ·
Should be no problem. Tranny with deliver tomorrow, so I should have the wagon ready to go by this Saturday evening!

#23 ·
@DrFeelGood also we still planning on swapping sway bars?
@waughoo I should have probably mentioned I'm in Gig Harbor/Tacoma.
Yes indeed. I have the 26mm Steeda and a set of greasable Energy Suspension bushings for you (plus the original poly bushings)

Edit: As far as meeting time I don't know. 10:00? 12:00?

#25 ·
I'm open to either time. Should we split it at 11am? @hurddawg ... how bout somewhere just south of the 16 interchange at I5? I'm only marginally familiar with the area so if you have a spot that is right off the freeway there I can meet you there.
@DrFeelGood , do you want my L716 modded stereo? I also still have that set of speed mirrors and hardware I've been saving for you. Let me know if I should pack them up.

Also, @hurddawg , I have a ton of speed 6 window motors left over if you want to investigate the speed full auto window swap. You'll still need a few window switches though as the one extra master switch I got was a dud.

#27 ·
I'm open to either time. Should we split it at 11am? @hurddawg ... how bout somewhere just south of the 16 interchange at I5? I'm only marginally familiar with the area so if you have a spot that is right off the freeway there I can meet you there.
@DrFeelGood , do you want my L716 modded stereo? I also still have that set of speed mirrors and hardware I've been saving for you. Let me know if I should pack them up.

I will take the mirrors off you and if you are offering the radio for free then yes, however, I am not equipped with a Bose system and if memory serves correct you have one of those. I do not know if they are compatible.

#33 ·
RSVP - PNW Meetup

@waughoo @hurddawg @dave in edmonds @zsElric @posttosh

Hello, everyone, the day is drawing near. Next weekend in fact. It was suggested to me that I give a call out to get an idea who is thinking about attending.
I proposed a venue change to waughoo which would be farther for the Portland (closer for the Seattle folks of course) people but would coincide with the third round of the ARA (American Rally Association) championship event in Shelton, WA (west of Tacoma)
I will be going anyway.

What say you?

https://www.olympusrally.com/

#34 ·
I'll be there either case, but I was looking forward to the Tulips. Partly because my GF is coming too.

#35 ·
I'm game for whatever. I've always been pretty interested to see that nursery place. I've driven by it and wondered a ton of times what it is. I'm fine to drive back towards Shelton. I'll likely make a scenic drive out of the day and go over the narrows and drive up the Kitsap peninsula and take the Kingston ferry home.

#42 ·
Yep @hurddawg... I just sent you a message to that effect: 8:15am at the Tac Mall. I gave you my cell number in the PM. Please send me a txt so I can make contact. I'll plan to be in the mall parking lot near the entrance to JC Penny's. I usually aim to be at the back of the lot to avoid dealing with folks looking for spaces and make me easier to find. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.