1st gen parts car, need drivers side windows for speed 6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By dave in edmonds
  • 1 Post By waughoo
  • 1 Post By waughoo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
1st gen parts car, need drivers side windows for speed 6

Some kind person decided I didn't need my driver's side front and rear windows. So they shot them out with what appears to be a pellet gun, smashed a bit of the front window before taking off.

I'm trying to find someone with 1st gen 6 windows for my 'speed 6. Perhaps a parts car. Preferably in the Seattle area but I'd be willing to drive a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Looking at the catalog, I think you're going to have to find another Speed6. The part numbers for the glass, regulators and doors are all different between the Speed and the standard cars. IIRC, the Speed was made in Japan by Mazda and the regular 6 was made in the US by Ford.
3toedSloth likes this.

2004 Mazda6 Sport Wagon
2017 MX5 Grand Touring
2016 CX5 Grand Touring

I work at a Mazda dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave in edmonds View Post
Looking at the catalog, I think you're going to have to find another Speed6. The part numbers for the glass, regulators and doors are all different between the Speed and the standard cars. IIRC, the Speed was made in Japan by Mazda and the regular 6 was made in the US by Ford.
If it's any consolation, I have a complete speed6 interior minus the seats in my 04!! 6 wagon. I suspect that you SHOULD be able to grab glass from a regular 6 preferably from an 06 or above. That said, when I did my swap, there were lots of little things that were enough different from the speed to my wagon that I had to go back and nab more donor parts from a speed to get my install completed. Most notably the hardware.
3toedSloth likes this.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry that happened mate, cowardly act.

Try glass from an 06-08.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Thanks guys. I found a wrecking yard that specializes in Mazdaspeeds in TX who is sending the glass from a speed6. Guess I'll be driving the RX-8 for a few more days (woe is me lol). So as long as that works out I should be OK.

Is the *glass* really different on a speed6 though? I was ONLY looking for the glass panels. I'm assuming that all the associated hardware is OK (e.g. regulator, motor, mounting plastic clips, etc.). If I have to do this again I'll look for '06 to '08 glass. Good to know!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 01:36 PM

Garage
I honestly believe the glass should match, however the regulators (maybe) and definitely the motors are different on the speed. The rear windows are fully auto so the motor has more pins in the plug to account for this feature.
3toedSloth likes this.

Alex
---}
{---

, and
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

FYI, I also had the windshield replaced and of course that is specific to the Mazdaspeed too (border mask is different for vin, if nothing else). AND even though I bought it through a wholesaler here in the US the glass itself was from Japan too.

Seth

'06 speed6
'10 RX-8 R3
'85 RX-7 GSL
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 03:16 PM

Garage
When I converted my interior over to speed trim, I was amazed at how similar everything looked on initial inspection but how actually different it was in detail. I will admit that I felt the speed parts were better crafted with more thoughtful engineering than the regular 6 parts. The USA version just seemed to be way more cost engineered to be less expensive to build.

Alex
---}
{---

, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page