CX-5 - Rav4 Comparison Review - 2019 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By dasrider
  • 1 Post By huntermm

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
CX-5 - Rav4 Comparison Review - 2019

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...suv/ar-AABJRS7

Looks like a keeper. IMO there is no doubt Mazda has/is stepping up their game.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
My wife and I recently completed some CUV shopping back in October last year. Granted, our price range had us looking at nothing newer than 2016-17 models. We test drove the Forester, HRV, CRV, Crosstour, C-HR, RAV4, BMW X1, Soul, CX-3 and the CX-5.

The RAV-4 was nice, but very plain and the opposite of interesting to drive (or look at). It really was just another vanilla flavor of the CRV. Wouldn't offend anyone, but also doesn't stand out in any way.

We ended up with a 2016 CX5 GT in titanium flash mica. My wife isn't an automotive enthusiast, but this car actually has her taking a look back at it after parking. She really loves the thing.
idrive likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 10:06 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrider View Post
My wife isn't an automotive enthusiast, but this car actually has her taking a look back at it after parking. She really loves the thing.
I've noticed this with just about every Mazda I've experienced. My 6 turns heads among my friends, coworkers, and family members, as did my first gen 3 when I had it. I think the thing Mazda just gets right is that their cars are fun to drive and look good while doing it, regardless of how "into cars" you are. My brother desperately wanted a truck until he drove my 6 and my father (who drives a base model Toyota Sienna) seems to really enjoy being in the car with me. While I don't really buy into the whole SUV/CUV thing, if I were to pick one as a daily driver it would have to be either a CX3 or a CX5.

Edit: I guess I should probably add (though this'll begin to convey how young I am), when shortly after I got my license and before I bought my first car, I spent a great deal of time driving my mom's 2017 Rav4 hybrid around. It wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, and the fuel economy and spaciousness didn't go unnoticed, but overall I didn't get the same feeling I get when in a Mazda. My 2014 6 feels more premium and modern despite being a good three years older and my friend's 2014 CX-5 feels the same way.
idrive likes this.

Last edited by huntermm; 06-03-2019 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Felt the need to add more information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page