Mazda 6 Forums banner

Transmission filter for 2014 Mazda 6

524 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DrFeelGood 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I just picked up a 2014 Mazda 6 2 weeks ago so far I do enjoy driving the car. It has 98K Km on it and I am looking to change the ATF and the filter. Do I need 9 bottle of ATF since the manual call for 8.2 qt or should 8 bottle of fluid will be fine? Also for the transmission filter, should I stick with genuine Mazda filter or other after market brand like Beckarnley will be fine?

Thanks guys :smile2:

#2 ·
Hello All,

I just picked up a 2014 Mazda 6 2 weeks ago so far I do enjoy driving the car. It has 98K Km on it and I am looking to change the ATF and the filter. Do I need 9 bottle of ATF since the manual call for 8.2 qt or should 8 bottle of fluid will be fine? Also for the transmission filter, should I stick with genuine Mazda filter or other after market brand like Beckarnley will be fine?

Thanks guys :smile2:
I think that is your total capacity. I doubt that it will drain all that in one go. It will probably be a drain and refill then drive. Drain, refill then drive kinda thing. From what I have read in the past (including the maths calculating percentage of fresh oil after partial drain and refills) it appears that you experience diminishing returns after about 3 rounds. That should put you somewhere in the high 80th percentile. It is what I have always done with good results. My 1st gen with a 9.7 qt capacity used about just that (10.5 qt) after 3 rounds of drain/refill.

I would think that if you have a serviceable trans filter then any of the reputable aftermarket suppliers should be fine. Beck Arnley has always treated me well. I try to use the OEM supplier whenever possible (when it's possible to figure out).

Good luck and smart maintenance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.