Not really a newbie but... - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not really a newbie but...

I've been lurking these Mazda forums for a while, I used to sell Mazdas, and have a very strong knowledge of the car in general. The problem I am currently facing is the brakes on my 2018 6 sport. My rear passenger brakes were squealing at 19k miles. Raising my eyebrows to it because I should be no where near the point to be changing pads. So naturally, I dove in and found the inside pad to be fully worn, for what reason I have no clue and my dealership has no input for me. I went ahead and changed the rear pads and left the front since they had over 50% remaining. Now, about 2k miles later my front driver side is growling when stopping (10mph-0mph) the pads look good, and TBH I am clueless as to what else it could be. It's a brand new car I shouldn't have this issue already. I've recently caught wind that the brakes kinda just suck in the 3rd gen. Either way, any input would be appreciated, I took it to the dealer and they said the couldn't replicate it, but didn't drive the car more than a mile.(Billion Mazda sucks) like I said if anybody has some insight to this get at me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
That will be about 30,000 km and that is the same with me but it wasn't squealing. I managed to reach 40,000 km (approximately 25,000 miles) and now I have to replace the front and rear pads. I'm waiting for the pads to arrive so that it can be replaced.

At the same distance as yours, the Mazda guys said that I should replace the pads. I think it is reasonable with the way I drive. I might be wrong so let's wait for the expert opinions of our members here.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
That will be about 30,000 km and that is the same with me but it wasn't squealing. I managed to reach 40,000 and now I have to replace the front and rear pads. I'm waiting for the pads to arrive so that it can be replaced.

At the same distance as yours, the Mazda guys said that I should replace the pads. I think it is reasonable with the way I drive. I might be wrong so let's wait for the expert opinions of our members here.
Yeah I'm hoping I can learn something here, like I said it was only one pad that was worn past 50% and it was donezo. Just weird to me that it would be just that singular pad, and now this smh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome aboard in any case.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page