Tire/wheel clearance question - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tire/wheel clearance question

I have been reading threads on here for several months and have gathered a wealth of great information. Thank you all! I particularly appreciated idrives build thread (I'm not allowed to include the link). I would have asked my question there, but I must post here as a newbie so here goes. I would like to know if a 19x8.5 +50 offset wheel with a 255/40/19 tire will have clearance issues on the inside (near strut) especially with the steering wheel turned all the way to one side? I am stock height right now, but I also want to make sure it would not interfere if I put on the Tanabe springs for a 1" drop. Basically, it's the same setup that idrive is running, but 5mm closer on the inside. TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 02:54 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2882 Post(s)
Thanked 4,059 Times in 2,851 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry about the post restrictions - forum owners did it a while ago to combat spammers.

@idrive <-- That'll get his attention

Personally, I don't know how that setup will fit on the Tanabes. I always use this site to double check: https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Byakuya. I have looked at that site before. It's good for strut clearance, but I don't know how to determine clearance when the tires are turned all the way in one direction other than trying it. I was hoping idrive could tell me how much clearance he still has with his setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page