Mazda 6 Forums banner

2018 Signature

3K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  ben70 
#1 ·
I currently own a '17 Miata GT and am contemplating trading for a leftover 2018 Signature Mazda6. They will sell me the car for $30,700 plus tax/fees. MSRP:$35,845....so a $5145 discount. I've been holding out for $30,000 but the dealer isn't budging. They're giving me $22k for the Miata.
They called with lease numbers today....$425/mo. Incl. tax with $1k down, 12k/36mo. and a they'll give me a check for the Miata.

Do these numbers sound good?

#2 ·
Keep the ND, they're beautiful! :D

Sounds like the dealer knows they can sell this thing. Also looks like they're giving you a couple K under what the Miata is really worth. Any other dealers around that you could bug and try to get them competing against one another? Might be able to get the price down another thousand, but I wouldn't expect much lower.

#3 ·
I've been dealing with 3 dealers and this one is offering the best deal so far. Yes, the ND is beautiful but my wife would like a year round driver. We live in Ohio and I winter store it. We have a pristine '07 Honda Element and a new Ridgeline so it's not a big deal if we don't drive the Miata in the winter.

#6 ·
Having recently driven 6MT '19 Mazda Miata's - in both RF and softop flavours - I don't know how you could part with such a car. Really, truly wonderful. For me (and I grant you I am NOT the norm, here) I would even put a trunk-mounted luggage rack on it (carrying waterproof Pelican case or cases as necessary) and/or a 1-1/4" receiver tube hitch on it (for a 'real small trailer if necessary)... to maximize the utility for the Miata. I think it could be a daily driver even with the right gnarly top-flight snow tires and a modicum of ballast in the trunk.

But that's me.

#10 ·
We really don't need the Miata to be practical, although my wife thinks so. The Element and Ridgeline are the definition of practicality as much as the ND is the definition of driving fun.
Thanks for the tip on the luggage rack but I'm such a purist I even hate the shark fin antenna on the trunk...lol

#9 ·
Just attempting to show that there are different varieties of bolt-on rack... and if a person would care to scour the internet he/she'd find all manner of non-permanent racks or ruck-sacks, pads, straps out there for adding utility to a small sportscar. You should see what they do for motorcycles in europe and no doubt in SE Asia. Sorry; off-topic ? .

#12 ·
How many miles on the Miata? $22k isn't a terrible trade-in price, but it's not a really good one either. Pulling up some listings, there are several Signatures in Ohio for just under $31k (didn't see any white ones though).

I'd wait them out, the end of the month is coming up and they could be up against a performance goal. And if they don't come around, then you'll just have to keep enjoying the MX-5. :smile2:

#13 ·
Just shy of 8,000 miles on the Miata. One dealer low balled me at $19,500 and another at $20,700. They were both pricing the 6 higher too. Check out Mazda of Wooster. That's who I'm dealing with. The 2018 Snowflake Pearl/Parchment they have at $33,xxx does not include $2750 in Mazda incentives. Plus the dealer is throwing in remote start, all weather mats, wheel locks and 3 years free maintenance.

#16 ·
As for the price of the car, it's pretty fair, not stellar though. I paid $31,900 for my 18 Grand Touring Reserve about 9 months ago, but they were also doing 0% APR which naturally increases the price a bit. The same dealer is selling those 2018 Mazda6 GTRs for $28,100 on their website but with 2.9% interest. So if you finance, it's almost a wash.

My dealer is advertising a 18 Signature for $31,145 and Mazda is offering $750 loyalty rewards as well. Did you quoted price of $30,700 account for the Mazda Loyalty program?

#17 ·
Well....my salesman texted me this morning to say that Mazda extended the Memorial Day $500 incentive until the end of the month. I asked him to run lease numbers and after a little back and forth we worked it out. I am now the proud lessee of a Snowflake/Parchment Signature Mazda6!!! Although there will be times when I'll miss the Miata I'm looking forward to several years of driving pleasure in this beautiful 6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.