LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Then you'd REALLY love the receiver tube trailer hitch, LOL. Actually, i think some of them (specifically for the Miata) attach vertically / upwards so they are invisible when removed.

Cdn17Sport6MT
Vancouver, BC Canada

Last edited by Cdn17Sport6MT; 05-24-2019 at 11:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 03:04 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I currently own a '17 Miata GT and am contemplating trading for a leftover 2018 Signature Mazda6. They will sell me the car for $30,700 plus tax/fees. MSRP:$35,845....so a $5145 discount. I've been holding out for $30,000 but the dealer isn't budging. They're giving me $22k for the Miata.
They called with lease numbers today....$425/mo. Incl. tax with $1k down, 12k/36mo. and a they'll give me a check for the Miata.

Do these numbers sound good?
How many miles on the Miata? $22k isn't a terrible trade-in price, but it's not a really good one either. Pulling up some listings, there are several Signatures in Ohio for just under $31k (didn't see any white ones though).

I'd wait them out, the end of the month is coming up and they could be up against a performance goal. And if they don't come around, then you'll just have to keep enjoying the MX-5.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivil View Post
How many miles on the Miata? $22k isn't a terrible trade-in price, but it's not a really good one either. Pulling up some listings, there are several Signatures in Ohio for just under $31k (didn't see any white ones though).

I'd wait them out, the end of the month is coming up and they could be up against a performance goal. And if they don't come around, then you'll just have to keep enjoying the MX-5.
Just shy of 8,000 miles on the Miata. One dealer low balled me at $19,500 and another at $20,700. They were both pricing the 6 higher too. Check out Mazda of Wooster. That's who I'm dealing with. The 2018 Snowflake Pearl/Parchment they have at $33,xxx does not include $2750 in Mazda incentives. Plus the dealer is throwing in remote start, all weather mats, wheel locks and 3 years free maintenance.

BulldogDan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Learners License

Quote:
Just shy of 8,000 miles on the Miata. One dealer low balled me at $19,500 and another at $20,700. They were both pricing the 6 higher too. Check out Mazda of Wooster. That's who I'm dealing with. The 2018 Snowflake Pearl/Parchment they have at $33,xxx does not include $2750 in Mazda incentives. Plus the dealer is throwing in remote start, all weather mats, wheel locks and 3 years free maintenance.
After doing a little research, that seems like a decent deal. If they didn't budge on a $700 reduction, I'd aim a little lower. Maybe $300-$500, I bet they'd bite, not many managers will let a deal slip by over just a few hundred bucks.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivil View Post
After doing a little research, that seems like a decent deal. If they didn't budge on a $700 reduction, I'd aim a little lower. Maybe $300-$500, I bet they'd bite, not many managers will let a deal slip by over just a few hundred bucks.
.....they never budged and neither did I. Now that the Memorial Day incentive has expired I'll bet they will be sitting on this car for a while longer.

BulldogDan
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 10:57 AM

As for the price of the car, it's pretty fair, not stellar though. I paid $31,900 for my 18 Grand Touring Reserve about 9 months ago, but they were also doing 0% APR which naturally increases the price a bit. The same dealer is selling those 2018 Mazda6 GTRs for $28,100 on their website but with 2.9% interest. So if you finance, it's almost a wash.

My dealer is advertising a 18 Signature for $31,145 and Mazda is offering $750 loyalty rewards as well. Did you quoted price of $30,700 account for the Mazda Loyalty program?
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Well....my salesman texted me this morning to say that Mazda extended the Memorial Day $500 incentive until the end of the month. I asked him to run lease numbers and after a little back and forth we worked it out. I am now the proud lessee of a Snowflake/Parchment Signature Mazda6!!! Although there will be times when I'll miss the Miata I'm looking forward to several years of driving pleasure in this beautiful 6.

BulldogDan
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Well....my salesman texted me this morning to say that Mazda extended the Memorial Day $500 incentive until the end of the month. I asked him to run lease numbers and after a little back and forth we worked it out. I am now the proud lessee of a Snowflake/Parchment Signature Mazda6!!! Although there will be times when I'll miss the Miata I'm looking forward to several years of driving pleasure in this beautiful 6.

Congratulations.

I'd assume you've already taken possession of the car but if not make sure the Infotainment unit has the latest update.
I know there has been one, possibly two updates since we took possession of our 18 a year ago.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
Congratulations.

I'd assume you've already taken possession of the car but if not make sure the Infotainment unit has the latest update.
I know there has been one, possibly two updates since we took possession of our 18 a year ago.
This car was delivered to the dealer in Oct. Did the updates occur before then? I know one thing is for sure, the Bose audio system is one of the best I've heard in a car. Having previously owned 2 Lexus cars with the Mark Levinson systems the Bose unit in the M6 has nothing to be ashamed of. We were rocking the entire time on our hour long drive home! I think I'm gonna love this car...

BulldogDan
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
This car was delivered to the dealer in Oct. Did the updates occur before then? I know one thing is for sure, the Bose audio system is one of the best I've heard in a car. Having previously owned 2 Lexus cars with the Mark Levinson systems the Bose unit in the M6 has nothing to be ashamed of. We were rocking the entire time on our hour long drive home! I think I'm gonna love this car...

The latest version is 70.00.335 and was released recently. I took possession of my car last November and it wasn't available at that time. The dealer will do the update free of charge during the first 3 years. It was a little more than 1 hour of labour according to my invoice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page