My New-Used 2004 Mazda 6 I 2.3L ... - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
My New-Used 2004 Mazda 6 I 2.3L ...

I just got this nice little white 6 at a used car lot for $1200 cash. I deliver for a living so picking out a decent car was frustrating especially when I had close to NO time to look the car over or check virtually anything.

I am having some trouble figuring out some problems, maybe someone can help with advice.

• The clock doesn't display at all.
• The lights all around the radio works but no sound at all.
•The odometer works only if I press down the trip mileage button REALLY hard, and as soon as I let go--it's black again.
•The blower works but no cold air.
• It has some strange kick when it's going into second from first gear. It is an automatic.

>The fuses and relays are all good.
>No sequence of buttons on this radio will make anything display, or sound to come out.
>Trying to get the 'secret menu' to display on the dash for error codes does not work.
>Brand new battery installed, no loss of power anywhere.

Please, if anyone has some helpful advice, I can't even find a book for this car at any auto parts store near me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 167 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Congratulations. A car this age will require some TLC but you likely already knew that. This site is a veritable repository of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGKDCRX View Post
I just got this nice little white 6 at a used car lot for $1200 cash. I deliver for a living so picking out a decent car was frustrating especially when I had close to NO time to look the car over or check virtually anything.

I am having some trouble figuring out some problems, maybe someone can help with advice.

• The clock doesn't display at all.
The center display is a common fault. I pulled one from a wrecking yard with excellent results. Check you connectors behind first.

Quote:
• The lights all around the radio works but no sound at all.
Check the connectors. If it is a Bose system there may be a separate fuse/relay for the amp. and the connector is under the pass. seat.
Quote:
•The odometer works only if I press down the trip mileage button REALLY hard, and as soon as I let go--it's black again.
Sounds like a faulty connection. You can take the cluster out and check or replace it with one from a wrecker (your mileage will change)
Quote:
•The blower works but no cold air.
This sounds like one of the many issues that may be behind the HVAC/Radio unit. I would take it out and inspect.
Quote:
• It has some strange kick when it's going into second from first gear. It is an automatic.
Replace your trans fluid. I would do 3 drain and refills with short driving periods in between each one.
Good luck.
If you have questions about any of these things then do a search. There are ho-to instructions for all of them.

Quote:
>The fuses and relays are all good.
>No sequence of buttons on this radio will make anything display, or sound to come out.
>Trying to get the 'secret menu' to display on the dash for error codes does not work.
>Brand new battery installed, no loss of power anywhere.

Please, if anyone has some helpful advice, I can't even find a book for this car at any auto parts store near me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mozz-D
2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page