post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Over heating

Hey what's up guys just trying to get some info just installed a new thermostat fan control module and fan relay still over heating any suggestions where I should start looking it still over heating and I have a pretty good hunch that is the fans themselves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelj1989 View Post
Hey what's up guys just trying to get some info just installed a new thermostat fan control module and fan relay still over heating any suggestions where I should start looking it still over heating and I have a pretty good hunch that is the fans themselves
Hello. Do you have a 6cyl or 4cyl?
Are you boiling over? Have you replaced your radiator/coolant pressure cap? Does your heater blow hot? Did you purge the air from the coolant? Are your fans turning on? Hopefully those questions spur some thoughts about where to check.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mozz-D
2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
Are you boiling over? Have you replaced your radiator/coolant pressure cap? Does your heater blow hot? Did you purge the air from the coolant? Are your fans turning on? Hopefully those questions spur some thoughts about where to check.
This is a great example of asking the right question at the right time!

If I may add, and this I experienced myself, check the rotation of the fan. I don't know how but someone has interchanged the terminals on our CR-V 98 when they replaced the motor fan and so it was overheating when idle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
Quote:

If I may add, and this I experienced myself, check the rotation of the fan. I don't know how but someone has interchanged the terminals on our CR-V 98 when they replaced the motor fan and so it was overheating when idle.

6cyl My heater it's hot the cap seems fine but guess that's where I'll start I did not purge the air that's another thing I should check but it started over v heating before I drained any coolant my fans turn on but seem to turn off rather quickly in my opinion I'm going to have to see tomorrow if they stay on consistently

My opinion is that it's the fans because I had a bad control module maybe bad control module could have messed up the motors on the fans but I really have no idea
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:45 AM
Rally Racer

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
Quote:

6cyl My heater it's hot the cap seems fine but guess that's where I'll start I did not purge the air that's another thing I should check but it started over v heating before I drained any coolant my fans turn on but seem to turn off rather quickly in my opinion I'm going to have to see tomorrow if they stay on consistently

My opinion is that it's the fans because I had a bad control module maybe bad control module could have messed up the motors on the fans but I really have no idea
If the car is running hot those fans should be roaring. Is the gauge telling you its hot or is it boiling over? Its possible you have a faulty temp sender. Any fault codes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mozz-D
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

No codes and to be honest I haven't checked the coolant to see if it's boiling but I soon as I start seeing it go up I blast the heater I'm going to have to check today
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:02 PM
Rally Racer

Garage
Quote:
No codes and to be honest I haven't checked the coolant to see if it's boiling but I soon as I start seeing it go up I blast the heater I'm going to have to check today
Good idea. For me in the past with other cars if it is not leaking out (obviously), or steaming out the tailpipe, there is air trapped in the system (heater would be cold), the thermostat is installed backwards or upside down (jiggle pin should be at top) or the radiator cap is bad and it cant keep enough pressure so it boils over.
Here is the list from the factory service manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Overheating Concerns (AJ) List.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	227754  

Mozz-D
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 05:44 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Led light

If I want to install LED lights to my interior on my 2008. What do I need so my room fuse will stop popping?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Not boiling over no codes fans barely turn on maybe the control module they sent me was bad I dont know it's been like a week any other help would be great
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:00 PM
Rally Racer

Garage
Quote:
Not boiling over no codes fans barely turn on maybe the control module they sent me was bad I dont know it's been like a week any other help would be great
Fans barely turning is a problem. You could buy a cheapo one from Amazon (I did several years ago with good results) or ideally you would test it to verify before buying.
I am attaching the FSM procedure below. Good Luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Control Module  testing (AJ) 01.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	227780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Control Module  testing (AJ) 02 .jpg
Views:	7
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	227782  

Mozz-D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page