post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tire pressure for 20

Hello, Can anyone tell me please the correct pressure(range) for 245/35/20. My car is a Mazda 6 G145 fom 2014. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 786 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2909 Post(s)
Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,857 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Welcome to the forum!

"Correct" is variable.

- What temperatures do you typically drive the car in?
- What kind of driving do you do (mostly highway, mostly city, or both)?
- What are you looking to get out of your car (better MPGs, better performance)?

For example: I do 60/40 city/highway in temperatures that range from below freezing to above 100 degrees F. At 70 degrees F, I keep my tires around 39psi because it gives me great MPGs but doesn't affect handling too much. That also allows me to drive worry-free on those rare days that we see 100+ degrees.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

The Following User Says Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
erdei.robert (05-06-2019)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:05 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Anywhere between 35 to 40psi is good..

The Following User Says Thank You to MadStyle For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Welcome to the forum!

"Correct" is variable.

- What temperatures do you typically drive the car in?
- What kind of driving do you do (mostly highway, mostly city, or both)?
- What are you looking to get out of your car (better MPGs, better performance)?

For example: I do 60/40 city/highway in temperatures that range from below freezing to above 100 degrees F. At 70 degrees F, I keep my tires around 39psi because it gives me great MPGs but doesn't affect handling too much. That also allows me to drive worry-free on those rare days that we see 100+ degrees.
For the OEM 17 and 19 the range is 33-46. I drive 70/30 highway/city, city mostly on bumpy roads. I used to inflate my 17 to 40/35 with/without load.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 01:50 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdei.robert View Post
For the OEM 17 and 19 the range is 33-46. I drive 70/30 highway/city, city mostly on bumpy roads. I used to inflate my 17 to 40/35 with/without load.
Like MadStyle said - you'll be good anywhere between 35 and 40.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.

The Following User Says Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:22 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdei.robert View Post
Hello, Can anyone tell me please the correct pressure(range) for 245/35/20. My car is a Mazda 6 G145 fom 2014. Thank you.
Tire size does not affect the tire pressure.

Look at the sticker in the driver's side door jamb and you'll see what the cold tire pressure is supposed to be.

Mazda recommends 33psi for all 4 wheels.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Tire size does not affect the tire pressure.

Look at the sticker in the driver's side door jamb and you'll see what the cold tire pressure is supposed to be.

Mazda recommends 33psi for all 4 wheels.

This is good information EXCEPT, you don't have the factory tires. Unless you have put on a significantly different "type" of tire, Mazda's recommendation is a good one.

Check your tires sidewall. It will list a "MAX" pressure. For average driving start with approx. 70-75% of the max pressure. Example - max pressure = 40, start with 30psi. Adjust accordingly to ride and environment. Always adjust when tires are cold.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
This is good information EXCEPT, you don't have the factory tires. Unless you have put on a significantly different "type" of tire, Mazda's recommendation is a good one.

Check your tires sidewall. It will list a "MAX" pressure. For average driving start with approx. 70-75% of the max pressure. Example - max pressure = 40, start with 30psi. Adjust accordingly to ride and environment. Always adjust when tires are cold.
So you honestly believe that the tire pressure sticker is ONLY for the stock tires?

Let me guess you look at the tire sidewall and see the max pressure of THE TIRE and assume that is how much air to put in the tires?

PSI is PSI, it's a consistent measurement, just like the atmospheric temperature. 80 degrees in Florida is the same as 80 degrees in Canada. 1 pound of feathers weighs the same a 1 pound of lead.

It does not matter what size tires he puts on his car the info on the sticker is still relevant because...... PHYSICS.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:40 PM
Track Racer

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So you honestly believe that the tire pressure sticker is ONLY for the stock tires?

Let me guess you look at the tire sidewall and see the max pressure of THE TIRE and assume that is how much air to put in the tires?

PSI is PSI, it's a consistent measurement, just like the atmospheric temperature. 80 degrees in Florida is the same as 80 degrees in Canada. 1 pound of feathers weighs the same a 1 pound of lead.

It does not matter what size tires he puts on his car the info on the sticker is still relevant because...... PHYSICS.

It is for the tires that came with the car. If you change the tire and put on something that has a different rating then the "sticker" on the car is meaningless. Are you going to tell me that every tire has the same rating/capacity, should have the same air pressure? Hardly. 30psi in one tire may not be what is best for a different tire.

Went with a 10 ply tire on my truck when I replaced the tires. If I ran the tires at the pressure on the door tag the tires would be severely under inflated. You cannot assume all tires are rated the same.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
It is for the tires that came with the car. If you change the tire and put on something that has a different rating then the "sticker" on the car is meaningless. Are you going to tell me that every tire has the same rating/capacity, should have the same air pressure? Hardly. 30psi in one tire may not be what is best for a different tire.

Went with a 10 ply tire on my truck when I replaced the tires. If I ran the tires at the pressure on the door tag the tires would be severely under inflated. You cannot assume all tires are rated the same.
I'm with you.

While air pressure is always measured the same and means the same, not all tires are created equal and should be treated as such.
idrive likes this.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page