Tire pressure for 20 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Learners License
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Tire pressure for 20

Hello, Can anyone tell me please the correct pressure(range) for 245/35/20. My car is a Mazda 6 G145 fom 2014. Thank you.
erdei.robert is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Shiro Shinobi

 
Byakuya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 16,669
Mentioned: 786 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2909 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,974
Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,857 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Welcome to the forum!

"Correct" is variable.

- What temperatures do you typically drive the car in?
- What kind of driving do you do (mostly highway, mostly city, or both)?
- What are you looking to get out of your car (better MPGs, better performance)?

For example: I do 60/40 city/highway in temperatures that range from below freezing to above 100 degrees F. At 70 degrees F, I keep my tires around 39psi because it gives me great MPGs but doesn't affect handling too much. That also allows me to drive worry-free on those rare days that we see 100+ degrees.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need a Part Number? Find it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Byakuya is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
erdei.robert (05-06-2019)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:05 PM
Track Racer
 
MadStyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 129 Times in 95 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Anywhere between 35 to 40psi is good..


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


MadStyle is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MadStyle For This Useful Post:
erdei.robert (05-06-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Learners License
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Welcome to the forum!

"Correct" is variable.

- What temperatures do you typically drive the car in?
- What kind of driving do you do (mostly highway, mostly city, or both)?
- What are you looking to get out of your car (better MPGs, better performance)?

For example: I do 60/40 city/highway in temperatures that range from below freezing to above 100 degrees F. At 70 degrees F, I keep my tires around 39psi because it gives me great MPGs but doesn't affect handling too much. That also allows me to drive worry-free on those rare days that we see 100+ degrees.
For the OEM 17 and 19 the range is 33-46. I drive 70/30 highway/city, city mostly on bumpy roads. I used to inflate my 17 to 40/35 with/without load.
erdei.robert is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 01:50 PM
Shiro Shinobi

 
Byakuya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 16,669
Mentioned: 786 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2909 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,974
Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,857 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdei.robert View Post
For the OEM 17 and 19 the range is 33-46. I drive 70/30 highway/city, city mostly on bumpy roads. I used to inflate my 17 to 40/35 with/without load.
Like MadStyle said - you'll be good anywhere between 35 and 40.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need a Part Number? Find it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Byakuya is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
erdei.robert (05-06-2019)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:22 AM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdei.robert View Post
Hello, Can anyone tell me please the correct pressure(range) for 245/35/20. My car is a Mazda 6 G145 fom 2014. Thank you.
Tire size does not affect the tire pressure.

Look at the sticker in the driver's side door jamb and you'll see what the cold tire pressure is supposed to be.

Mazda recommends 33psi for all 4 wheels.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Track Racer
 
idrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: St George Utah
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Thanks: 68
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Tire size does not affect the tire pressure.

Look at the sticker in the driver's side door jamb and you'll see what the cold tire pressure is supposed to be.

Mazda recommends 33psi for all 4 wheels.

This is good information EXCEPT, you don't have the factory tires. Unless you have put on a significantly different "type" of tire, Mazda's recommendation is a good one.


Check your tires sidewall. It will list a "MAX" pressure. For average driving start with approx. 70-75% of the max pressure. Example - max pressure = 40, start with 30psi. Adjust accordingly to ride and environment. Always adjust when tires are cold.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
idrive is online now  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Learners License
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
This is good information EXCEPT, you don't have the factory tires. Unless you have put on a significantly different "type" of tire, Mazda's recommendation is a good one.


Check your tires sidewall. It will list a "MAX" pressure. For average driving start with approx. 70-75% of the max pressure. Example - max pressure = 40, start with 30psi. Adjust accordingly to ride and environment. Always adjust when tires are cold.
So you honestly believe that the tire pressure sticker is ONLY for the stock tires?

Let me guess you look at the tire sidewall and see the max pressure of THE TIRE and assume that is how much air to put in the tires?

PSI is PSI, it's a consistent measurement, just like the atmospheric temperature. 80 degrees in Florida is the same as 80 degrees in Canada. 1 pound of feathers weighs the same a 1 pound of lead.

It does not matter what size tires he puts on his car the info on the sticker is still relevant because...... PHYSICS.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:40 PM
Track Racer
 
idrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: St George Utah
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Thanks: 68
Thanked 61 Times in 57 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So you honestly believe that the tire pressure sticker is ONLY for the stock tires?

Let me guess you look at the tire sidewall and see the max pressure of THE TIRE and assume that is how much air to put in the tires?

PSI is PSI, it's a consistent measurement, just like the atmospheric temperature. 80 degrees in Florida is the same as 80 degrees in Canada. 1 pound of feathers weighs the same a 1 pound of lead.

It does not matter what size tires he puts on his car the info on the sticker is still relevant because...... PHYSICS.

It is for the tires that came with the car. If you change the tire and put on something that has a different rating then the "sticker" on the car is meaningless. Are you going to tell me that every tire has the same rating/capacity, should have the same air pressure? Hardly. 30psi in one tire may not be what is best for a different tire.


Went with a 10 ply tire on my truck when I replaced the tires. If I ran the tires at the pressure on the door tag the tires would be severely under inflated. You cannot assume all tires are rated the same.

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
idrive is online now  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 02:49 PM
Shiro Shinobi

 
Byakuya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 16,669
Mentioned: 786 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2909 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,974
Thanked 4,068 Times in 2,857 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrive View Post
It is for the tires that came with the car. If you change the tire and put on something that has a different rating then the "sticker" on the car is meaningless. Are you going to tell me that every tire has the same rating/capacity, should have the same air pressure? Hardly. 30psi in one tire may not be what is best for a different tire.


Went with a 10 ply tire on my truck when I replaced the tires. If I ran the tires at the pressure on the door tag the tires would be severely under inflated. You cannot assume all tires are rated the same.
I'm with you.

While air pressure is always measured the same and means the same, not all tires are created equal and should be treated as such.
idrive likes this.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Need a Part Number? Find it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Byakuya is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014-2014 Mazda 6 Tire Pressure Monitoring System Recall wardorican Wheels / Tires 2 10-28-2014 08:33 AM
Optimal tire pressure for fuel economy? mikey4226 Wheels / Tires 18 10-14-2013 05:23 PM
Tire Load Index stussy2870 Wheels / Tires 11 11-06-2007 03:12 PM
AutoEnginuity DataLogger... Wiggum Mazdaspeed6 48 10-09-2006 04:34 PM
Tire review: Nokian MazdaForLife Wheels / Tires 2 01-25-2004 04:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome