Mazda 6 Forums banner

Sound system

417 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  waughoo 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Mazda 6s with the 3.0l and I also have a 2003 Mazda 6i with the Bose sound system and I'm wondering if I can take the speakers and put them in my 2006 Mazda. I have a subwoofer so I don't need the Bose one.

#2 ·
So the 06 6s has the Bose as well? The Bose system is designed as a 2ohm system and the regular standard NON Bose is 4ohm. That being said if the 06 has the Bose system then yes, you can use the speakers from the 03. If it doesn't then I wouldn't worry about using them unless if you drive them from a 2ohm stable amp. Even then one could just get standard 4 ohm speakers that will sound much better than the Bose speakers.

#3 ·
Changing from non bose to bose is a big wiring project as @DJ Raydiate says, just find yourself some upgraded aftermarket speakers to fit the stock speaker openings in your 06 and call it a day.

If you wanted to go crazy, buy some cross over separates and find some sail panels at a junk yard for a Mazda 6 with bose and swap that package into your door. That is likely to be a very impressive upgrade on a budget.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.