Mazda 6 Forums banner

introductory post

854 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Byakuya 
#1 ·
Hello, 2004 Wagon owner, with a few questions!!

#2 ·
Huzzah!! ANOTHER wagon! Welcome to the forum. We have a thread on here dedicated to the wagons. It's called Wagon Love. Do a quick search and post us up a photo of your long top. We are always interested to see another.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum fellow wagoneer (I also own a 2004).

#7 ·
Hello all,

I am also one of the wagon crowd though I hardly ever post. Mine is a Smokestone 2007 V6 Grand Touring I bought new. It currently has just over 240k miles on it and is still running great! No mods, just a daily driver and hard worker.

Cheers!
Jake

#8 ·
@JJDS6 this is awesome to hear!! The wagon is an impossible platform to replace with like kind as the midsized SUV has replaced it. With the problems associated with the pre cats, your V6 with 240k (?!!!?@^%#!!) is awasame!! If you haven't yet, head over to the wagon love thread and put up a picture or two. It isn't meant to be a glamour shot thread though those are welcome. It is just a page to celebrate all things mazda 6 wagon.

#9 ·
Well, I am sad to say I was rear-ended last week and my 2007 6 3.0 wagon has been totaled by the insurance company. Too bad, too, because the car still runs and drives great but the damage was above the value of the car. The salvage value is pretty low so I wonder whether there is anyone on this list who could use a complete running car in otherwise very good condition? The damage is to the rear bumper/tailgate and into the floor of the trunk a little. All doors and the tailgate still open and close and the car drives fine. I will have to make a decision on giving up the car in short order so I would have to know as soon as possible if anyone is interested. The car is a grand touring, so it has leather interior, xenon headlights, bose stereo. The drive train has no faults. Located in the San Jose, CA area.

Jake

#10 ·
Dang, sorry to hear about this; I hope everyone involved is okay!

Could always try parting out the car a bit but that might be more work than it's worth. Could also try selling the engine from it to someone in need but, again, might be more work than it's worth.

#11 ·
Fortunately everyone was fine and the car that hit me looked a LOT worse. I thought of selling the complete car to someone who could use all the good parts to repair either a V6 sedan or wagon but I don't have enough posts on this forum to post in the for sale section. I don't have the time to part out the car. Either way it is a shame to see a car go to the wrecking yard that has so many valuable parts on it. Such is life!

#12 ·
Glad everyone is okay :thumbup:

Shoot me a PM with a pic proving who you are with the car (as per compliance rules) and I can make an exception for you to post in that section :)

All I need is a single photo of one of the things you're trying to sell and a piece of paper in it that has your username, "mazda6club" and today's date written/printed on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.