Technical issues - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

 2Likes
  • 1 Post By DrFeelGood
  • 1 Post By DrFeelGood
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Learners License
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Technical issues

Hey all just trying to get some advice on a technical issue with my key fob
Confused people is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:29 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
What year? What is the problem? What have you tried?
Mad Myche is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:40 PM
Learners License
 
Thatbabygirl4u2h8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Well as of right now I haven't tried anything it kinda feels like maybe a vacume leak or egr. it's an 01 with an 03 v6 motor. I have had a few people tell to change the alternator and others say it's in safe mode. I didn't even know cars went into safe mode
Thatbabygirl4u2h8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:04 PM
Learners License
 
Jael Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Hey I heard this whine yesterday on the passenger side of the car and was thinking might be the alternator. Also when driving the whine goes in tune with the engine. Any pointers?

Regards,
Jael Ryan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jael Ryan is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Learners License
 
Jael Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Hey guys.
I have a 2005 Mazda 6 with 2 issues in my mind. One is that there is a whine from the passenger side of the car. I'm guessing it may be the alternator
Second today when breaking my car wobbled a bit

Regards,
Jael Ryan
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jael Ryan is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Rally Racer
 
DrFeelGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,576
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Thanks: 126
Thanked 174 Times in 163 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jael Ryan View Post
Hey guys.
I have a 2005 Mazda 6 with 2 issues in my mind. One is that there is a whine from the passenger side of the car. I'm guessing it may be the alternator
Second today when breaking my car wobbled a bit
I suggest taking off the serpentine belt and spin all the bearings by hand. The loose or crunchy one will be the culprit. It is probably an idler bearing but it could be alternator, power steering or AC compressor clutch.
The wobbly brakes are from a build up of friction material. If you get shaking when driving and carefully pulling the hand brake with the thumb button depressed then have the rear rotors turned. If there is no wobblkng with the hand brake and only the foot brake then have the front rotors turned. A machine / brake shop can do them both for $20-30 if you carry them in.
Jael Ryan likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mozz-D
2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX
DrFeelGood is online now  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:36 PM
Learners License
 
Jael Ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
I suggest taking off the serpentine belt and spin all the bearings by hand. The loose or crunchy one will be the culprit. It is probably an idler bearing but it could be alternator, power steering or AC compressor clutch.
The wobbly brakes are from a build up of friction material. If you get shaking when driving and carefully pulling the hand brake with the thumb button depressed then have the rear rotors turned. If there is no wobblkng with the hand brake and only the foot brake then have the front rotors turned. A machine / brake shop can do them both for $20-30 if you carry them in.
Coolio. While driving home my clutch pedal went to the floor and stuck there. When going up a hill i made a shift from 2 to 3 and hear like a small pop and i felt as if i lost some weight on the clutch. I was able to limp the car home but there was no clutch response when depressed. When i stepped on the clutch nothing happened. When i completely let off the clutch it rose idling to about 1100rpm any ideas coz i thot i broke my transmission even though at a recent oil change after asking them to check they said the transmission had almost new oil in it.
Jael Ryan is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 12:30 AM
Rally Racer
 
DrFeelGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,576
Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Thanks: 126
Thanked 174 Times in 163 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jael Ryan View Post
Coolio. While driving home my clutch pedal went to the floor and stuck there. When going up a hill i made a shift from 2 to 3 and hear like a small pop and i felt as if i lost some weight on the clutch. I was able to limp the car home but there was no clutch response when depressed. When i stepped on the clutch nothing happened. When i completely let off the clutch it rose idling to about 1100rpm any ideas coz i thot i broke my transmission even though at a recent oil change after asking them to check they said the transmission had almost new oil in it.
Bummer, it sounds like your clutch cover (pressure plate) broke. I suppose there is an outside chance it could be a slave or clutch master cylinder but I am betting against it.
You will likely need a clutch kit, (cover plate and bearings plus resurfacing your flywheel. I personally would also flush the clutch hydraulic fluid at this time as well.
Good luck.
Jael Ryan likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mozz-D
2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX
DrFeelGood is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Mazda 6 or newer, Manual Trans Issues? 6andcounting Mazda6 (Atenza) 1 02-07-2016 11:18 PM
Anyone else have issues with remote entry button responsiveness on a 14 or 15? Contradiction Electrical / HVAC 2 11-24-2015 03:39 PM
Few concerning issues agurkasz 2.3L I-4 10 07-09-2015 08:16 AM
Head Unit Issues mcjaco 3rd-Gen 9 12-16-2014 12:05 PM
Werid issues with the Gf 04 6i atx StealthWyvern2 2.3L I-4 10 03-10-2012 07:29 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome