post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi everyone

I have bought my first Mazda but some problems that i hope i can solve with you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome, what are your problems, and what did you get year/engine wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Thanks.

I bought a 2.0 2007 manual 1 week ago, i love it

My problems are that the car runs very rich, i have one week to get it fixed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:06 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2888 Post(s)
Thanked 4,061 Times in 2,853 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Welcome to the forum!

Are you getting any engine codes? That would definitely help us diagnose the problem.

Unfortunately, however, they didn't sell the 2.0L Diesel in the states, so many of us won't be of much help.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

No it is a petrol 2.0l.

it failed the inspection 2 times in the week i owned the car because very high co, hc.

I have got p2088 and p2178 only, but they are intermittent and also they came on yesterday for first time.

I failed first inspection with only high on CO, so i did clean and also replace MAF, I cleaned the spark plugs, replaced front o2 sensor, changed oil and filter but on the second attempt i did get VERY high on CO. HC, lambda was 0.8.

Today i removed the throttle body for cleaning, and o my god how much carbon build up there was behind and inside the intake manifold, it was wet inside the intake manifold.

I have checked for vacuum leaks with spray but nothing found.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190307_184716.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	226744   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190307_184721.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	226746  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Cleaned the intake manifold and thottle body, now the car runs much more stable, but still the RPM moves a little bit up and down after increase the RPM. I have to take a test drive and see.

But i dont think the problem was the cleaning, there is a problem that make all that junk in there or is it a common problem for Mazdas like the VW/Audi engines have with carbon build up?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Garage
Iím not very familiar with the 2.0 but Iíve never seen build up that bad before, Iím not even really sure what would cause that. Have you checked the PCV valve?

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 07:36 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2888 Post(s)
Thanked 4,061 Times in 2,853 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post
Iím not very familiar with the 2.0 but Iíve never seen build up that bad before, Iím not even really sure what would cause that. Have you checked the PCV valve?

Agreed - That's a tremendous amount of buildup. Definitely look into the PCV valve and hose - they're like $6 each and not a bad replacement (at least on the 3.0L).

p2088 is a Camshaft Position Actuator Control Circuit Low Bank 1 and is p2178 is System Too rich off idle bank 1.

How bad were the plugs when you cleaned them? It seems, with that buildup on the TB, that p2178 is your more likely culprit - you're running way too rich.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post

The throttle body was even worse, it was 100% closed, when filling with fluid for solving the fluid did stay in place. No not yet, i have to take of the intake manifold for that i believe? I have to do it outside and it is a bit cold here so i thought getting some advices here first
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Agreed - That's a tremendous amount of buildup. Definitely look into the PCV valve and hose - they're like $6 each and not a bad replacement (at least on the 3.0L).

p2088 is a Camshaft Position Actuator Control Circuit Low Bank 1 and is p2178 is System Too rich off idle bank 1.

How bad were the plugs when you cleaned them? It seems, with that buildup on the TB, that p2178 is your more likely culprit - you're running way too rich.

I will check the PCV and hose.

The camshaft sensor was a bit dirty and the magnet was not as strong as a older sensor i have, maybe thats not important but maybe the sensor is bad. I will replace that.

The plugs where really bad, i have orderd new ones but wanted to try cleaning first with ultrasonic cleaning and sandpaper. Also i did a stupid mistake that could answer why the second inspection had way to high CO and HC, when replacing the front o2 sensor, i cut the wires because it was the easiest way to take it off under the car, and i joint the "new sensor" with old cables.

The reason i thought the o2 sensor was the problem is that when measuring the sensors i got the value on sensor 1 = 6500μA and on sensor 2 = 0.8v. And because i thought the o2 sensors only measuers in Volts i thought the o2 was bad. When replacing i got the same values so i understood that the sensor was normal, however no i can not read the sensor 1 value anymore, it say "not supported". But still i had high CO before cutting so the rich problem i somewhere else.

Could the engine temp sensor show in the middle in the car but send wrong temp to ECU?

Next step is to replace/clean the PCV and also clean the intakes, is there anything on Mazdas that i could do when i am doing all this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page