On my 6th Mazda, and this one is a 'Sporty' 6 with a red soul - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

5Likes
  • 1 Post By keitan
  • 2 Post By Byakuya
  • 1 Post By GerryB
  • 1 Post By Brightshen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lightbulb On my 6th Mazda, and this one is a 'Sporty' 6 with a red soul

Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance for the help in this forum. I'm now a Mazda 6 owner. It's a Soul Red 2017 that the dealership bought from inventory since it sat, then sat some more as a 'used' car. I brought in my 2017 CX-3 and swapped with them since I am in dire need of more trunk space. This 6 had only 103 miles on the odometer when I drove off the lot (not 103k), for $16,000 - so basically a new car.

This is my 6th Mazda. First to last, I've owned: 1989 323 (stick); 2012 Mazda 3 Touring (stick); 2013 Mazda 2 Touring (auto); 2004 RX-8 (auto); and now 2017 Mazda 6 i Sport (auto).

First task on the 6 - trying to install the necessary hardware and then activate the SiriusXM option on the Mazda Connect screen. I got the SiriusXM SXV300v1 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit for Satellite Radio, and want to connect it to the back of the head and then get the receiver 'antenna' on the dash to see how well it picks up the stations.

HELP! I would like to know how to get to the head of the stereo. Do I remove the glove box, or is there more to it?

THANK YOU for any help! :-)
Brightshen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:30 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 778 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2855 Post(s)
Thanked 4,046 Times in 2,840 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase. Not sure why @Brightshen disliked your post: most likely it was by accident (that's where most of my dislikes have come from).

Sorry, but I have the older non-Mazda connect Nav unit in my 3rd gen, so I'm of little use with your question.
Brightshen and keitan like this.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

The Following User Says Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
keitan (02-12-2019)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome aboard.

Your journey sounds similar to mine.

81 626
97 626
05 6s hatch
16 3sGT

Can't do much for you on the install. Mine came factory equipped. Someone here, I'm sure has been rooting around back there lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
keitan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase. Not sure why @Brightshen disliked your post: most likely it was by accident (that's where most of my dislikes have come from).

Sorry, but I have the older non-Mazda connect Nav unit in my 3rd gen, so I'm of little use with your question.
OMG, no, I didn't dislike on purpose, not at all! I noticed I also have a given groan on my member page, I would never groan at anyone and am not even are where I did it. One time I noticed when it happened and still didn't know how I managed to do it, but that's not something I would do even if I didn't like a post which isn't the case anyway Sorry about that!

Edit:Oh that was it, they are the same thing, now my groans are 0. I guess I'll have to watch that button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brightshen For This Useful Post:
keitan (02-13-2019)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats! The Soul Red is gorgeous and it sounds like a great deal. I have a 17" and love it! I had a miserable day and was super worried about something while I was coming home, but the car still felt so good to dive my 20 miles of freeway commute.
keitan likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Latest on the XM installation...

After many calls, it was finally found out that the Sport trim of the 2017 Mazda 6 can't just get the SiriusXM device installed on the back and then light up the XM choice on the Mazda Connect. This was the information directly from MazdaUSA (the dealerships seemed pretty clueless about it). Only an aftermarket kit and install will enable the radio for SiriusXM, but MazdaUSA said that it would void my warranty.

For now I will forgo the XM, and when the CarPlay drops under $400 for the part and installation, I will likely do that update instead. In the meantime, it's all Spotify and humming tunes in my head until then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page