Want more power!! - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:15 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
@bluedevil6 do you cap off where your exhaust used to meet up to the EGR valve? Or is that just left open for debris and exhaust to flow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowCarFast View Post
@bluedevil6 do you cap off where your exhaust used to meet up to the EGR valve? Or is that just left open for debris and exhaust to flow?
Even though I'm not bluedevil6, I have done this mod and yes, you HAVE to cap off the exhaust manifold. I found a brass cap at home depot and just crossed it the best I could. Been like that for 4 years now with no issues. I can't remember the size that it was but I took a piece of clay and pressed it onto the threads to get an imprint. Took the clay imprint to the store and matched it up.

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s

Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, and lots more to come!!!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Garage
@DJ Raydiate I never got a CEL for it like that not sure if it was just luck or if it really doesn’t matter lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

The Following User Says Thank You to bluedevil6 For This Useful Post:
DJ Raydiate (02-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Garage
Want more power!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowCarFast View Post

I used some pliers and smashed the end coming from the manifold enough to weld it closed it took all of like 30 minutes most of which was because I couldn’t get the tube to unbolt from the EGR

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

Last edited by bluedevil6; 02-11-2019 at 10:36 AM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post
@DJ Raydiate I never got a CEL for it like that not sure if it was just luck or if it really doesn’t matter lol

That's good to know for others wanting to do the mod. I may have gotten confused reading it back in the day now that I think about it. It may have been about removing the EGR all together and just leaving it plugged in that would have cause the cel issue.

Ray.

2003 Mazda 6s

Brakemotive Drilled and slotted rotors, Modified eBay CAI, EGR reroute and optimized, TB coolant delete, AWR Racing Lower dog bone, AWR Right engine mount, BIG 5 upgrade, Battery Relocated, Custom Busbars, Optima Red top, 2 12" Planet Audio BBD12, Rockville Audio 1400w 4chan amp, Rockville Audio 8000w sub amp, and lots more to come!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page