Hello- Thinking of trading in Camry to Mazda6 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Hello- Thinking of trading in Camry to Mazda6

Hello Everyone,

I am from Nashville Area.I currently have a Camry V6 with 41000 miles.
I test drove the Mazda 6 touring model and was completely blown away.Even though my 6 Cyl is a much bigger engine ,the 2.5L on Mazda was awesome and the handling was great.Few drawbacks with touring ,no auto dimming/home link feature, no bose speakers.
But it was Fully loaded with all safety features, plus great gas mileage.I am seriously thinking about trading to the Mazda6.

Talking to the dealers for a good deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsandesh View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am from Nashville Area.I currently have a Camry V6 with 41000 miles.
I test drove the Mazda 6 touring model and was completely blown away.Even though my 6 Cyl is a much bigger engine ,the 2.5L on Mazda was awesome and the handling was great.Few drawbacks with touring ,no auto dimming/home link feature, no bose speakers.
But it was Fully loaded with all safety features, plus great gas mileage.I am seriously thinking about trading to the Mazda6.

Talking to the dealers for a good deal.
Do it! You'll never regret it.

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2019, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Depends on which year Camry and 6 you have and are aiming for.

The auto dimming homelink and speakers is a minor concern if that's what is holding you back. The safety features of newer car nowadays are amazing. I am not sure how I could ever cope without them at this point.

Your experience with the Mazda sounds about right because I came from a 2010 gs350 and although I wouldn't say the 2.5L on the 6 is better, it has enough. However, everything else goes to the Mazda.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome aboard.

Do it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

I finally brought home 2018 Mazda 6.. Snowflake White Pearl Color with Sand interior. $23700 before taxes/fees/titles..The dealer agreed to throw in Auto dimming mirror with home link and All weather Carpets to sweeten the deal. Couldn't be happier, today morning commute was really awesome.

Specs says it has android auto installed, but when I connected to USB with the app on my phone, the Android auto menu on the car was still grayed out and disabled.The car was able to detect the USB, but just not the Android Auto part. Any ideas?

Last edited by bsandesh; 01-29-2019 at 09:25 AM. Reason: forgot interior color
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I finally brought home 2018 Mazda 6.. Snowflake White Pearl Color with Sand interior. $23700 before taxes/fees/titles..The dealer agreed to throw in Auto dimming mirror with home link and All weather Carpets to sweeten the deal. Couldn't be happier, today morning commute was really awesome.

Specs says it has android auto installed, but when I connected to USB with the app on my phone, the Android auto menu on the car was still grayed out and disabled.The car was able to detect the USB, but just not the Android Auto part. Any ideas?

Congrats on your purchase! I canít help with the Android Auto as I have an 07 first gen but I have seen quite a few threads recently about it so search around some there might be something there to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

For the android auto initial setup, the car needs to be in park with the parking brake applied.

Have a look here :
https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets/...tart-guide.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:18 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Sand interior!

In Canada we have black, which I'd rather not have, and white, which I like but am afraid to buy due to possible maintenance issues. Of course there's the chestnut with the Signature trim, but honestly if I'm spending that much, I'd likely look at a more premium brand. You guys and ladies down south also get a manual tranny in the base trim. Too bad I can't get my pension in American dollars.
bsandesh likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmart View Post
Sand interior!

In Canada we have black, which I'd rather not have, and white, which I like but am afraid to buy due to possible maintenance issues. Of course there's the chestnut with the Signature trim, but honestly if I'm spending that much, I'd likely look at a more premium brand. You guys and ladies down south also get a manual tranny in the base trim. Too bad I can't get my pension in American dollars.
Not to be critical but what "premium brand" could even match the Sig 6 at that price?

Signed Sig 6 owner.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
bsandesh likes this.

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
Not to be critical but what "premium brand" could even match the Sig 6 at that price?

Signed Sig 6 owner.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Agree..To get the same feature set as Mazda 6 Touring, need to spend at least 30K in other brands.
Toyota LE was radar cruise control, but not blind spot. XLE has everything but it doesn't have rain sensing wipers.XLE V6 might have all features but it is same as signature trim. Nissan Altimas, has fully loaded at about 27-28K but has awful CVTs
Right now 2018 Mazda6 touring prices dropped, I guess due to the coming of the new 2019 models. Can get it less than 23K, so hard to beat this price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page