post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question 04 Mazda 6 bose radio

I am sure this has been asked a hundred time's and I have searched google and nearly every web service there is and still haven't found anything on it. Me and my wife got a 04 Mazda 6 wagon about 6 moths ago and it has the bose system in it. There was no radio, amp or anything in it when we got it. I bought a new touch screen radio for her and going to install switches like the metra kit. But my question is doe's any one have the radio diagram of which wire's color is what? There is only 2 plugs in it, one goes to the info thing above the radio and there is a main plug I guess that goes in the radio its self. I just want to be able to install the radio and install a aftermarket amp n install 4 ohm speakers instead of the 2 ohm one's. I would like to just put a switch for the hazard and AC and recirculation on the air and stuff but I have looked and can not find any where that has the wiring diagram that goes to what. I kn I am a noob and asking prob a lot and not asking any one to tell me or show me how but if any one kn's where there may be a wiring diagram any where on the net that shows all of those wires I would greatly appreciate it a lot. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:52 PM

these two below are that image above but larger and clearer (if you click)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Justice View Post
etc "where there may be a wiring diagram any where on the net that shows all of those wires I would greatly appreciate it a lot. Thanks"
i think i got them all. maybe too many? when i type BOSE in the shop computer, one page had all the OE black and whites, the color ones are(were) the interactive diagram. lmk if i missed any. welcome to the forum. i been here a little over a month i think, also with an 04.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
Hey... welcome!! First off, congrats on your wagon purchase. We have a thread on here for wagon photos and we'd love to have one of your new machine. Head over and put up a few pictures (link below). We wanna see your long top!

https://forum.mazda6club.com/#/topics/426057

As for the radio, I'm a bit confused as to what's there now. Is there a face plate in the middle where the radio and climate control are? I have the wiring diagram for the 04 which would get you what you asked for but it might be helpful to know more about what you are trying to accomplish.

Additionally, you will likely need to run some new wiring for the project you speak of since the bose system has signal voltage going from the head unit down to the amp under the passenger seat and then higher voltage out to the doors. If you put your amp down there you will likely be able to make good use of the existing wiring.

My suggestion is to start a new thread for your project question and I'm certain we can help sort it all out.

Glad to have you aboard!

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Garage
@RobertD beat me to the punch with the diagrams. I'd still like to know more about your project Dale.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
, and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page