OEM 19's from a 3G on a 2G - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Learners License
 
bishop94z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
I signed up to show that the 19's from a 2014-2017 really bring out the 2009-2013 Mazda 6's with 235/40-19 tires, although I haven't figured out how to upload pics on here yet. I got this specific tire because the tire size with the 17's was 26.31 and the new tire size is 26.4 which is only a 0.2 difference in MPH. Got to keep the speedometer in check! I'm thinking the hypertech sport programmer would work on this car to where I can run a 235/45-19 instead with calibration. The 235 width makes it flush with the fender in the front and about 1/4 inch away from being flush in the rear. Looks amazing compared to the stock 17's and feels way more planted on the road.

Also got a K&N Typhoon cai. Ordered an android double din specifically for this car, and have an MTX terminator dual 12 sub kit that I haven't been able to hook up yet. 30% tint in the front, 18% out back.

Currently running Royal purple 5w30 synthetic with the wrench on K&N 1002 filter which I need to change again soon. I swapped out the low beam H7's with some ZXE sylvania's, going to have to clean up the headlights soon..very complicated to change out.

Next up, brakes need some attention. Going with EBC yellow stuff pads and USR rotors. Stoptech stainless steel braided lines and flush it out with some synthetic dot 3/4. While I'm there, I'm going to paint the calipers and wheel hubs black to keep it looking clean in there.

After the brakes, the fs5a-el is getting some love. I'm going to be getting a sonnax updated valve body with new solenoids, fresh filter and gasket. Then hooking up a B&M transcooler with some Royal purple ATF. Also going to be making a custom remote dipstick setup for it since on the 2012's, the only way to check it is to unbolt the one near the exhaust. I have a setup from a fusion on the way, if that doesn't work then a lokar flexible dipstick for a GM powerglide I'm going to try and adapt. Should keep this transmission alive for the life of the car.

After that, I'm going to try and adapt 2.3 ecoboost mustang coilpacks and if successful, I'm going to buy a set of granatelli coilpacks meant for the ecoboost mustang's and hook it up.

It turns out that the turbo manifold from the mazdaspeed 3's and any 2.3 turbo mzr will bolt up to the 2.5 mzr. I might try this out later:

Mazdaspeed3 turbo manifold(already got)
Mazdaspeed3 ARP exhaust studs
BNR stage 1 turbo
Custom coolant/oil lines
Custom oil pan return
fmic
Some wastegate/bov setup
Custom intake and intercooler piping
GT500 injectors(same injector type)
3.7 fuel pump
Custom 6an lines and fitting
External 6an filter setup
Adjustable 6an rrfpr return style reg
Then run the turbo exhaust into a 3.7 exhaust and upgrade my rear bumper to the V6 setup with the exhaust ports
And of course an AFR monitor and some mazdaedit stuff.

I'm wondering if 2.3 turbo MZR ARP head studs would work with the 2.5 MZR and if Cometic has a 2.5 MZR head gasket. Or if a 2.3 turbo and 2.5 MZR timing chain and water pump are different or interchangeable. I already know aftermarket cams for a 2.3 would work.

I'm not going to really touch the suspension unless the sport 2g mazda 6 has stiffer sway bars I could swap onto my itouring.

Anyway, thanks for reading! Peace.

Last edited by bishop94z; 01-04-2019 at 11:21 PM.
bishop94z is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 12:16 PM
Registered User
 
GerryB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mundelein, IL
Posts: 3,891
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Thanks: 65
Thanked 214 Times in 206 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: 1 reviews
Welcome aboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
GerryB is online now  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Registered User
 
bluedevil6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Canton Ohio
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Thanks: 23
Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop94z View Post
I signed up to show that the 19's from a 2014-2017 really bring out the 2009-2013 Mazda 6's with 235/40-19 tires, although I haven't figured out how to upload pics on here yet. I got this specific tire because the tire size with the 17's was 26.31 and the new tire size is 26.4 which is only a 0.2 difference in MPH. Got to keep the speedometer in check! I'm thinking the hypertech sport programmer would work on this car to where I can run a 235/45-19 instead with calibration. The 235 width makes it flush with the fender in the front and about 1/4 inch away from being flush in the rear. Looks amazing compared to the stock 17's and feels way more planted on the road.

Also got a K&N Typhoon cai. Ordered an android double din specifically for this car, and have an MTX terminator dual 12 sub kit that I haven't been able to hook up yet. 30% tint in the front, 18% out back.

Currently running Royal purple 5w30 synthetic with the wrench on K&N 1002 filter which I need to change again soon. I swapped out the low beam H7's with some ZXE sylvania's, going to have to clean up the headlights soon..very complicated to change out.

Next up, brakes need some attention. Going with EBC yellow stuff pads and USR rotors. Stoptech stainless steel braided lines and flush it out with some synthetic dot 3/4. While I'm there, I'm going to paint the calipers and wheel hubs black to keep it looking clean in there.

After the brakes, the fs5a-el is getting some love. I'm going to be getting a sonnax updated valve body with new solenoids, fresh filter and gasket. Then hooking up a B&M transcooler with some Royal purple ATF. Also going to be making a custom remote dipstick setup for it since on the 2012's, the only way to check it is to unbolt the one near the exhaust. I have a setup from a fusion on the way, if that doesn't work then a lokar flexible dipstick for a GM powerglide I'm going to try and adapt. Should keep this transmission alive for the life of the car.

After that, I'm going to try and adapt 2.3 ecoboost mustang coilpacks and if successful, I'm going to buy a set of granatelli coilpacks meant for the ecoboost mustang's and hook it up.

It turns out that the turbo manifold from the mazdaspeed 3's and any 2.3 turbo mzr will bolt up to the 2.5 mzr. I might try this out later:

Mazdaspeed3 turbo manifold(already got)
Mazdaspeed3 ARP exhaust studs
BNR stage 1 turbo
Custom coolant/oil lines
Custom oil pan return
fmic
Some wastegate/bov setup
Custom intake and intercooler piping
GT500 injectors(same injector type)
3.7 fuel pump
Custom 6an lines and fitting
External 6an filter setup
Adjustable 6an rrfpr return style reg
Then run the turbo exhaust into a 3.7 exhaust and upgrade my rear bumper to the V6 setup with the exhaust ports
And of course an AFR monitor and some mazdaedit stuff.

I'm wondering if 2.3 turbo MZR ARP head studs would work with the 2.5 MZR and if Cometic has a 2.5 MZR head gasket. Or if a 2.3 turbo and 2.5 MZR timing chain and water pump are different or interchangeable. I already know aftermarket cams for a 2.3 would work.

I'm not going to really touch the suspension unless the sport 2g mazda 6 has stiffer sway bars I could swap onto my itouring.

Anyway, thanks for reading! Peace.


Sounds awesome canít wait for pics, you should be able to upload pics after your first post sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for the site to update and give you permission to do so


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Still Want lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<- ->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-
bluedevil6 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 06:23 PM
Registered User
 
Chazzy J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
iTrader: 0 reviews
Did you need TPMS sensors for the wheels? Can't remember what 2nd Gen uses.

2018 Mazda6 Signature
- Soul Red/Parchment
Chazzy J is online now  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Learners License
 
bishop94z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB View Post
Welcome aboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot!
bishop94z is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Learners License
 
bishop94z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil6 View Post
Sounds awesome can’t wait for pics, you should be able to upload pics after your first post sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for the site to update and give you permission to do so


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info, I'll upload them soon if I can!
bishop94z is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Learners License
 
bishop94z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzy J View Post
Did you need TPMS sensors for the wheels? Can't remember what 2nd Gen uses.
I hear that people reuse the stock ones without issue, but I bought brand new ones and they dont register with the car for some reason. I have to take it in sometime to see if one of the sensors is a dud. So right now, the tire light is on.
bishop94z is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Learners License
 
bishop94z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
https://youtu.be/_WFj-WQ4VTE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190104_192949_1546734512237.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	225912   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181230_141933_1546734559440.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	758.9 KB
ID:	225914   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181230_141909_1546734613694.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	684.9 KB
ID:	225916   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190102_200121_1546734652154.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	647.9 KB
ID:	225918   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190104_155841_1546734686177.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	586.6 KB
ID:	225920  

bishop94z is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Learners License
 
bishop94z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
bishop94z is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Learners License
 
bishop94z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: 0 reviews
Rear view
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190102_132037_1546735956854.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	639.9 KB
ID:	225930  
bishop94z is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome