Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Mazda 6 owner 1st Gen

Hello,

I have a question regarding the 1st gen 6. My car came with out fog lights and hids. I installed some 35w 5k low beam hids. And installed factory fog lights 55w halogen. My light switch w fog I installed is controlling the high beams. So everytime the car is started the fog light switch turns on the high beams thus running fog and high beams at the same time. Anyone else experience similar issue and or no a fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 06:45 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixMazda View Post
Hello,

I have a question regarding the 1st gen 6. My car came with out fog lights and hids. I installed some 35w 5k low beam hids. And installed factory fog lights 55w halogen. My light switch w fog I installed is controlling the high beams. So everytime the car is started the fog light switch turns on the high beams thus running fog and high beams at the same time. Anyone else experience similar issue and or no a fix?

Welcome to the forum. Are you installing the integrated fog lamps (headlight cluster) or the lower bumper fog lamps?

Below is a link to the wiring install for OEM lower bumper fog lamps that require you to pin switch and jumper some wiring. Your may be the same.

0000-8Z-H01A

See if it helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

.MSP slotted brakes & rotors
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixMazda View Post
Hello,

I had an issue with mine a while back where I would get the high beam indicator with the fog lights but the actual high beams did not come on like yours I ended up tearing apart the fuse box and altering some wires for the fogs, if you donít mind me asking what year exactly is your 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
Still Want lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
[quote=DrFeelGood;5031658]Welcome to the forum. Are you installing the integrated fog lamps (headlight cluster) or the lower bumper fog lamps?

The Mazda 6 I bought as a project car has the integrated fog lights but can I also add lower bumper fog lamps?

2004 Mazda6 V6 project.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 11:48 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Garage
[quote=Rathofcon;5033250]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
Welcome to the forum. Are you installing the integrated fog lamps (headlight cluster) or the lower bumper fog lamps?

The Mazda 6 I bought as a project car has the integrated fog lights but can I also add lower bumper fog lamps?
Yes, you can. With a little wiring savvy it is easy. You need a switch (there are OEM ones installed in Mazda Protoges (01-03) as well as other vehicles.), relay, fuse, and some wire in addition to the lamps.

Pay attention to the year and market of any lower bumper fog lights you may purchase.

Have fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fog lamp switch.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	226036  

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

.MSP slotted brakes & rotors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page