Mazda 6 Forums banner

Noob here

546 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  GerryB 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Got an 05 6s wagon for my first car. It has 111k with a single owner. It needs some TLC since it's been sitting for a while.

She runs fine but with a cel due to a faulty egr soleniod. I'll make a post if needed wrt questions. Also needed is a belt tensioner.

I have been on the road for 3 years but purely on motorcycles. Hope to learn to work on cars and enjoy them.

I appreciate the info you guys provide.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! You should find plenty of info around here

Reactions: gopi.sandy
#3 ·
Hi Sandy!

I'm a noob here too, and that's a nice looking wagon you have.. looks like it has the OEM crossbars for the roof racks too! I joined the forum to learn more about the engine my car, and there's wealth of knowledge and assistance to be had here.

As for EGR solenoids... on cars that I've owned (in my 56-yrs on this earth and a LOT of cars) the EGR solenoid itself wasn't the problem; it was usually a dirty electrical connector (spray it with electrical parts cleaner) or a bad/disconnected vacuum hose/line. If you find and correct the problem, undo one of the battery cables, let it sit for a minute or so (to clear the OBD memory) and drive it for 30-miles or so. That usually worked for me on OBD2 Jags, BMW's, and Mercedes.

I'm sure that others that are more familiar with Mazda OBD and CEL will chime in here.

Chad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.