Mazda 6 Forums banner

Hi everyone

511 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  skimsmilk 
#1 ·
So last week I found a deal on CL that I couldn't pass up. a loaded 04 6 3.0 for $700. The guy said it would run ok for the first 5 minutes then start cutting out and misfiring (chugging).
I needed a new car after totaling a couple nice Minis and I didn't want another loan blah blah. I checked the car out and assumed it would be an easy fix. So far I've done everything I can think of. I'll write a post in the main forum after this. just needed to introduce myself...

#3 ·
yep just waiting on permission to post. I got the garage warming up, I'm going to go check the coil packs with a spark plug tester, and do a compression test. I'm not even sure if I can turn the motor over with intake manifold off though, so a compression test might have to wait, at least on the back 3 cylinders, although I doubt the compression is bad. This feels like one or 2 of a few things, EGR issue (I cleaned it and there are no vacuum leaks that I can tell), timing issue (doubtful since the car will run smooth at 3k rpm), A different vacuum leak I cant find, or something fuel related since it chugs really hard under load and wont climb over 4,000 rpm unless its cold. which brings me back to an EGR problem, classic symptoms, I would like to bypass it, but I cant find a DIY anywhere and 6crew is just some advert page now, and everyone here just links to that for the bypass.

#6 ·
I would like to bypass it, but I cant find a DIY anywhere and 6crew is just some advert page now, and everyone here just links to that for the bypass.
if you dick around with different dates on wayback machine, you can find pages that nolonger exist :smile2: -unfortunately you may have to look through the years and find the bigger circles on the wayback calendar in order to find the bigger backups that contain threads in their entirety.

have a look below, i found page 1. if the directions in that thread help, there you go. if you need ALL the pages in the thread you might be checking different dates for a a while, well not so much in this case as they only backed up the thread three times. one of the three may have more pages. you might get lucky and find the full thread, you may not.

click here:
DIY: EGR Re-Route (Re-routed properly pics page 5)
be patient, it's not the fastest at loading

Attachments

#4 ·
Is it throwing any codes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.