post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi everyone

So last week I found a deal on CL that I couldn't pass up. a loaded 04 6 3.0 for $700. The guy said it would run ok for the first 5 minutes then start cutting out and misfiring (chugging).
I needed a new car after totaling a couple nice Minis and I didn't want another loan blah blah. I checked the car out and assumed it would be an easy fix. So far I've done everything I can think of. I'll write a post in the main forum after this. just needed to introduce myself...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Garage
Welcome... looking forward to your post to see what we can do to make your 700 purchase work out.

Alex
2004 6s Wagon MTX - grocery hauler
---}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
{---

MODS: Tinted windows, RX8s with 225/45 R18s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

yep just waiting on permission to post. I got the garage warming up, I'm going to go check the coil packs with a spark plug tester, and do a compression test. I'm not even sure if I can turn the motor over with intake manifold off though, so a compression test might have to wait, at least on the back 3 cylinders, although I doubt the compression is bad. This feels like one or 2 of a few things, EGR issue (I cleaned it and there are no vacuum leaks that I can tell), timing issue (doubtful since the car will run smooth at 3k rpm), A different vacuum leak I cant find, or something fuel related since it chugs really hard under load and wont climb over 4,000 rpm unless its cold. which brings me back to an EGR problem, classic symptoms, I would like to bypass it, but I cant find a DIY anywhere and 6crew is just some advert page now, and everyone here just links to that for the bypass.
RobertD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
Is it throwing any codes?

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6 | 5MT | Steel Gray Metallic |

Mods: Matte black painted OEM wheels | Painted calipers (red) | Light black "smoked" headlights | R1 Concepts eLine rear rotors and pads | Rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:31 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimsmilk View Post
So last week I found a deal on CL that I couldn't pass up. a loaded 04 6 3.0 for $700. The guy said it would run ok for the first 5 minutes then start cutting out and misfiring (chugging).
I needed a new car after totaling a couple nice Minis and I didn't want another loan blah blah. I checked the car out and assumed it would be an easy fix. So far I've done everything I can think of. I'll write a post in the main forum after this. just needed to introduce myself...

Good luck.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimsmilk View Post
I would like to bypass it, but I cant find a DIY anywhere and 6crew is just some advert page now, and everyone here just links to that for the bypass.
if you dick around with different dates on wayback machine, you can find pages that nolonger exist -unfortunately you may have to look through the years and find the bigger circles on the wayback calendar in order to find the bigger backups that contain threads in their entirety.

have a look below, i found page 1. if the directions in that thread help, there you go. if you need ALL the pages in the thread you might be checking different dates for a a while, well not so much in this case as they only backed up the thread three times. one of the three may have more pages. you might get lucky and find the full thread, you may not.

click here:
DIY: EGR Re-Route (Re-routed properly pics page 5)
be patient, it's not the fastest at loading
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	225366  
The Following User Says Thank You to RobertD For This Useful Post:
skimsmilk (11-21-2018)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
another thought... click below for a link to a post on this forum with words from that missing 6crew egr thread. (:

https://forum.mazda6club.com/3-0l-v6/244527-need-help-exhaust-issue-3.html#post3340794

i searched "EGR assembly out of the engine bay. Saw the pipe."

--starting at post 24, you'll probably find what you need here
;
;

Last edited by RobertD; 11-20-2018 at 07:52 PM. Reason: i edit everything
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertD View Post
if you dick around with different dates on wayback machine, you can find pages that nolonger exist -unfortunately you may have to look through the years and find the bigger circles on the wayback calendar in order to find the bigger backups that contain threads in their entirety.

have a look below, i found page 1. if the directions in that thread help, there you go. if you need ALL the pages in the thread you might be checking different dates for a a while, well not so much in this case as they only backed up the thread three times. one of the three may have more pages. you might get lucky and find the full thread, you may not.

click here:
DIY: EGR Re-Route (Re-routed properly pics page 5)
be patient, it's not the fastest at loading
Thanks so much for this, I was just a little unsure on how to cap the exhaust and stuff. I think I got it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page