Mazda 6 Forums banner

Hello from a Jaguar 3.0 X-Type owner

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  BlownKitty 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2008 Jaguar X-Type and I'm looking for information regarding the 3.0 Duratec engine.

Since my X-type 3.0 is closely more related to the Gen1 Mazda 6 than the Ford Taurus/Merc Sable I figured that Mazda 6 owners would tend to be a bit more knowledgeable, do their own work, and know the in's and out of the engine (VVT, etc)), and how to maximize performance and reliability.

'hope to gain a lot of info and assist others with help,

Chad
San Diego, CA

#3 ·
I recently purchased a 2008 Jaguar X-Type and I'm looking for information regarding the 3.0 Duratec engine.

Since my X-type 3.0 is closely more related to the Gen1 Mazda 6 than the Ford Taurus/Merc Sable I figured that Mazda 6 owners would tend to be a bit more knowledgeable, do their own work, and know the in's and out of the engine (VVT, etc)), and how to maximize performance and reliability.

Chad
San Diego, CA

Welcome to the group. You gotta love the multi platform game.

#7 · (Edited)

Chad

San Diego, CA

This is interesting, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. These engines are very good, durable, and reliable engines IF they are maintained, I guess this is probably why they used some variation of it in so many vehicles of the time. Just out of idle curiosity do you have any idea how much horsepower the jag is rated for? I’m curious to know if it’s more that the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Interesting! I didn't know the platform extended outside the 6/fusion twins. Good luck and have fun!

#13 ·
It's a nice car to drive, not as quick as my MBZ 300CE-24, but very smooth in the little amount that I've actually driven it. It's in a indie shop diagnosing what sounds like a rod knock (90K miles on it) that developed about an hr after I purchased it.. I'm hoping that it's something simple like a drive belt tensioner going south. Worse case scenario I'll have a used/junkyard engine installed in at a cost of about $2000. I feel that the car is worth it. Oh and my handle is in reference to a Supercharged Jaguar XJR/6 that I owned a few years ago not the X-Type.. I hope.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.