Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Hi from Vancouver BC

Just purchased a 2018 Mazda 6 GT in soul Crystal red metallic after owning a Mazda 3 hatchback GT for 3 years and 2 months.
Did 3 total test drives on GS-L, GT and Signature and found a big difference between GS-L and GT probably due to the wheels and tires. I did like some of the luxury features on the Signature like black roof liner, LED lighting, brown nappa leather seats but not so crazy about the suede inserts so I decided it wasn't worth the 3k. Got loyalty discount 1% on financing for 0.99% for 84months at around $520 CAD per month.

I also tested the Honda Accord 2.0 Touring but it was a bit too expensive and I didn't like the chrome bits in the front or how the rear looked. Though it had better expected resale value compared to the Mazda 6. Apparently Mazdas in Quebec have really low residual/resale value (possibly due to rust issues on previous gens?) but in BC Mazdas do much better.

I will probably get some warm white LEDs for the interior lighting, the corksport ones I bought last time for my Mazda 3 are too blue for me. Was thinking about putting new tires on but did some research on the forum and people are saying that the SUV tires are decent. A bit disappointed that the Mazda 6 doesn't come witbh a spare tire.

Going to pick up the car in a few days, I'm considering bringing it to get OptiCoat ceramic costing done, the cost is about $1100 and supposedly it will last 5 years. If you guys have any experience with it let me know if it's worth the investment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Groans: 6
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
Garage
Congrats on your purchase.

Regarding the Ceramic, IMO I think it really comes down to whether you like to do your own detailing. It's not for me just for that reason of having and enjoying the time to keep it detailed/clean/waxed. For those that can't or don't want to the Ceramic coating will make it much easier to keep the car clean and it does protect the paint well.

Enjoy the new ride!!!

2018 Signature - White Pearl - Chestnut
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 04:22 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi contrats
I live in Quebec.
Owner since june 2018 of a mazda 6 signature and i really like the car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome aboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 09:44 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Garage
Howdy and welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX, Performance White (A2N)
Modifications:

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Update:
Just picked up the car this afternoon. Found out that they washed the car with wire brushes so there's swirl marks/micro scratches all over the paint surface. Not too happy about that so they will compensate for free polishing. I will get ceramic coating anyway but I hope it won't be too expensive. Also 10km later the low engine oil light came on. I checked the oil level with the dipstick and it seemed like there was too much oil? Not sure what's going on so I will visit the dealer tomorrow again.

I drove about 50km in total today and was very impressed how it rode and handled over some of the choppy and cracked pavement where my usual commute is. The seating position surprised me a bit, I felt like I was almost sitting in a SUV. Maybe the windows are bigger but I felt like the visibility is a bit better over the Mazda 3 hatchback I had. The headlights are super bright and the adaptive front light system is awesome.

Wish I didn't have to put the license plate on but oh well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180923_181943.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	224124  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 10:41 AM
Sponsor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Congrats! Welcome onboard.

-Chris

Email:

Phone: 309-966-2161

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page