Mazda 6 Forums banner

Day time running lights

11K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  blackngold75 
#1 ·
I just bought a red 2018 Mazda 6 grand touring reserve and I love it. My question is how to turn on the day time running lights. I put it to auto, but no lights turn on.

#2 ·
The DRL's should come on automatically when you go into motion after putting the car in gear. I think there is a setting in the Infotainment system to disable/enable them (not 100% sure on that), so make sure if that setting is enabled. Is the "auto" setting you refer to in the infotainment system or on the headlight switch on the turn signal stalk? "Auto" there makes the headlights come on automatically when it's dark enough.

#3 ·
The DRLs are set by either Mazda, or the dealer. There's no option in the infotainment to turn them off/on.

If the DRLs are activated, they'll turn on as soon as you shift into drive and start accelerating. They'll go on no matter whether or not the headlamp stalk switch is set to "off" or "auto".

If they don't activate after you are in motion, then the dealer either turned them off, or there's an issue with them.

Hope this helps... [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Munz md
#6 ·
The DRLs are set by either Mazda, or the dealer. There's no option in the infotainment to turn them off/on.
Thanks for clarifying - I couldn't recall for sure if that option to disable was there in the Mazda. I had that option in my previous car.

Reactions: sorin.andrei223
#5 ·
Sounds like the OP is trying to turn on his DRLs and get out of his car to admire the view... but for some reason Mazda has opted to only have the DRLs turn on when you are in motion apparently in the newer models? Which means you can't get out of your own car and look back at it lovingly with the DRLs on... such a shame.

Personally I have the 2016 GT and I looooove turning on my DRLs/LED "Smile" grille and just staring at it in the dark. I feel your pain OP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.