Planning to buy 2018 gt - Page 4 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 09:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo_6GT View Post

How do you like the OEM Falkens? More than likely I am gonna sell them and either get BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S or Bridgestone Potenza RE980 A/S.. The winters here in Michigan suck & always go with a diffrent sent. My last car 2016 GT w/o Tech...I immediately sold the OEM Dunlops and bought the BF Goodrich Comp 2 a/s put over 30,000 miles on the tires and still a lot of tread left.
I haven't had any complaints with the oem Falken tires yet other than they seem a bit more prone to hydroplaning than the Michelin tires I had on my previous car.

2018 Mazda6 GTR - 2016 Ford Mustang - 1988 F-150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 10:09 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
The last time I compared Accord to Mazda was in 2011, and you can guess what I bought. At that time the Accord felt flimsier. The doors had less heft, the finishes weren't as classy looking. And the Mazda drove better. More spirit and pep. I liked the aggressive styling better. Hondas feel like Toyotas to me - reliable but so common, and kind of boring. The newer Hondas have better styling than in the past, but I really love the styling of the Mazda. I have a 2017, and it feels so luxurious. The seats are plush and inviting, the trim and finishes are attractive and well made. I agree that there is less headroom in the backseat of the Mazda but I put my 5 foot 10 kid back there and he has a couple inches of room above his melon. So it's enough for most people, unless you drive around with a lot of Abraham Lincoln-esque tall friends.

I'd say decide which features you want, drive both cars equipped exactly the way you want them, and go with your gut. And of course your budget. You might have a hard time finding exactly what you want in stock, and that might sway your decision as well. The pickin's were slim when I went shopping and I had to drive 150 miles from home to get the exact car I wanted. But it was worth it.

Please post photos of your new Mazda in December! Also I would recommend that you do all your bargaining with the online sales department. You will get a better price. Let me know if you need any tips on online buying, it's something I am really good at. Good luck!
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Any advice at all is much appreciated.. looking at sport mazda in Orlando.. no dealer fee.. guarantee to beat any dealership
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 12:56 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 1960 View Post
Any advice at all is much appreciated.. looking at sport mazda in Orlando.. no dealer fee.. guarantee to beat any dealership
Just purchased a 2018 Touring in Brandon, FL.
Snowflake White Pearl, Auto rear view mirror, and tint. Traded 04 Pilot and got it for 23500.00 out the door.
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Great looking car! I can't wait to see one in my driveway soon.. sounds stupid but I've never felt like this about a car before.. feels like cheating on my wife!!
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 09:44 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 1960 View Post
Great looking car! I can't wait to see one in my driveway soon.. sounds stupid but I've never felt like this about a car before.. feels like cheating on my wife!!
LOL, thanks. I tell my wife my car is sexy and she yells at me. 😵
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page