Planning to buy 2018 gt - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 01:23 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo_6GT View Post
I am happy with my purchase and recently traded in my 2016 Mazda 6 GT for a 2018 Mazda 6 GT Reserve. So much nicer to drive and the Turbo was worth the trade in.. and everyone has a accord.
I heard Mazda retuned the suspension for 2018 model. Can you comment on what differences you feel? Is there less body roll?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 03:33 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Thanked 1,137 Times in 827 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippp View Post
The 6 GT-R also includes 19" wheels (vs 17" on the Accord), ventilated seats, NAVI, rear heated seats, and a few other features. IMO the 6 GT-R is the sweet spot for the 6 for performance, value, and features. If you're looking at price and go with the Accord 1.5T, you'll get a CVT transmission.

Most importantly, the way the 6 feels is amazing. Buttoned down. Solid. Handling is spot on. In comparison tests the Mazda Signature was only a few ticks behind the Accord Touring but the Mazda did it with more narrow tires; fuel economy/ride oriented tires, and does not have the Accord Touring's adjustable suspension... showing how well Mazda tuned the chassis. From what I've read and experienced, off the line acceleration isn't too impressive, but where you need it - passing, starting from a rolling stop, typical driving situations - the 6 has it where it matters most.
I wholeheartedly agree with this post! Very nicely said.

I drove the Accord 2.0T a couple times before going back to another 6. The Accord does have the 6 off the line, but if it's between an Accord or 6 on a two-lane stretch of road that's merging into one lane, I'd much rather have the 6. The overtaking/passing power of the 6 is simply astonishing, and the Accord simply can't keep up.

Quote:
...and everyone has a accord.
Reason enough for me... lol

I'll put it this way: if you want a solid, reliable, Point A to Point B transportation device, pick the Accord. If you simply love to DRIVE, whether it's to the grocery store or cross-country on a road trip, and the sight of a curvy stretch of road makes you smile instead of cringe, get the 6!
ocramida and Bill_k like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 12 Times in 4 Posts
I was extremely critical of the 2018 6 refresh. Initially it felt a bit soft and too isolated. Now that I've owned it for a few months I'm totally sold on the changes that Mazda made. The car strikes a great balance between luxury and sporty. It really feels like an Audi or BMW rather than a mid-sized Japanese car. For the money it really has no competition for people who live in the real world. IMO

Both the Honda and Toyota feel cheap and look uuuugaleee IMO. This car feels and drive more German.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

2018 Machine Gray Mazda6 Signature
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin w/Nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRS16GT View Post

There have also been reports of the 10 speed transmission being rather clunky in low speed driving.
That reminded me of my test drives with the Accord and TLX. The 9 and 10 speed transmissions might help generate good EPA and performance ratings, but they really felt cumbersome on the test drives. I got into situations where the transmissions didnít seem to know what gear it wanted.

And driving with the paddles (Accord 2.0T or TLX donít offer the manual stick shift option with the push button trans console), it was a pain having to flick up or down 2, 3, or 5 gears at a time. Mazda has refined the hell out of the SkyActiv transmission. The 3+ years Iíve driven with the 6speed (including 3 years with my 2016) it is always in the right gear, holds a lower gear while going down hill or around a corner, shifts quickly and smoothly....

I tend to use the paddle shifters to get engine braking and a quick flick or 2 works with the 6. The Accord and TLX was like clicking castanets.

'18 Machine Gray GT Reserve
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:00 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocramida View Post
I was extremely critical of the 2018 6 refresh. Initially it felt a bit soft and too isolated. Now that I've owned it for a few months I'm totally sold on the changes that Mazda made. The car strikes a great balance between luxury and sporty. It really feels like an Audi or BMW rather than a mid-sized Japanese car. For the money it really has no competition for people who live in the real world. IMO

Both the Honda and Toyota feel cheap and look uuuugaleee IMO. This car feels and drive more German.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Totally agree for the money the Grand Touring Reserve is a ultimate value rivaling the German brands.

- 2016 Mazda 6 GT (sold)

- 2018 Mazda 6 GT Reserve
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:02 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
I heard Mazda retuned the suspension for 2018 model. Can you comment on what differences you feel? Is there less body roll?

In regards to the body roll.. I've owned the car for about 8 weeks now and do notice a little more body roll when turning on the highway.. even with the OEM Falkens. My previous car 2016 Mazda 6 GT with BF Goodrich Comp 2 a/s's felt more nimble than my 2018 when sharp turning. But then again this is the first turbo application on the Mazda 6 so I assume because of the added weight there is more body roll.. Regardless I am very satisfied since I am coming from a 2016 Mazda 6 GT.

- 2016 Mazda 6 GT (sold)

- 2018 Mazda 6 GT Reserve
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post

In regards to the body roll.. I've owned the car for about 8 weeks now and do notice a little more body roll when turning on the highway.. even with the OEM Falkens. My previous car 2016 Mazda 6 GT with BF Goodrich Comp 2 a/s's felt more nimble than my 2018 when sharp turning. But then again this is the first turbo application on the Mazda 6 so I assume because of the added weight there is more body roll.. Regardless I am very satisfied since I am coming from a 2016 Mazda 6 GT.
Well, that’s dissapointing to hear. Does it ride nicer than the 2016? Maybe corner more directly around mild bends? Mazda just works on softening the suspension with each generation of the 6, and while they do a pretty good job of maintaining a sporty feel you can definitely feel the added body roll when pushing the car harder.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
I am happy with my purchase and recently traded in my 2016 Mazda 6 GT for a 2018 Mazda 6 GT Reserve. So much nicer to drive and the Turbo was worth the trade in.. and everyone has a accord.

How fair was the dealership with the trade in valuation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 08:04 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I Feel less body roll in my 2018 mazda 6 signature comparing to my 2015.

From motortrend

In our First Drive of the new model, I compared its handling to that of a German luxury sport sedan. It's got the same feeling of solidity and graceful body control that companies like BMW and Mercedes-Benz are famous for—but at an as-tested price of just $36,140, which would barely get you in the door of a luxury dealer.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
I Feel less body roll in my 2018 mazda 6 signature comparing to my 2015.

From motortrend

In our First Drive of the new model, I compared its handling to that of a German luxury sport sedan. It's got the same feeling of solidity and graceful body control that companies like BMW and Mercedes-Benz are famous for—but at an as-tested price of just $36,140, which would barely get you in the door of a luxury dealer.
I’d compare it more to BMW’s chassis tuning. It’s more involving and has better feel than a benz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page