post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
New -- 2006 Mazda 6 S

We've had our 2006 Mazda 6 S for 15 months or so. It was meticulously cared for by original owner. We really love it and want to take good care of it moving forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
Welcome! 1st gen 6s's are the best! I may be a little biased though...

Manual transmissions, wagons, and heavy metal are awesome. Zoom-Zoom \m/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Mazda 6s Wagon - 3.0L V6 | 5MT | Steel Gray Metallic |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods: NGK Iridium IX plugs | Matte black painted OEM wheels | Painted calipers (red) | Light black "smoked" headlights | R1 Concepts eLine rear rotors and pads | Rear V6 emblem added
Other Mazdas owned: 2015 Mazda 5 Sport ATX (current), 2010 Mazda 6 ATX (traded), 1997 Protege MTX (sold)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercadotm View Post
We've had our 2006 Mazda 6 S for 15 months or so. It was meticulously cared for by original owner. We really love it and want to take good care of it moving forward.
Welcome! In my opinion these cars are easy to take care of and it’s fairly affordable to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateweb View Post
I have to agree I have an 07 and it’s the best car I’ve ever had

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateweb View Post
No no, you are correct.

Beep Beep
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 12:47 PM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 767 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2781 Post(s)
Thanked 4,018 Times in 2,823 Posts
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Garage
Welcome to the forum!

I loved my 1st gen, but it would never have been able to stand up to the abusing amount of miles I've put on my 3rd gen already.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 06:22 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I loved my 1st gen, but it would never have been able to stand up to the abusing amount of miles I've put on my 3rd gen already.
The 3L is a decent motor but very outdated for the early 2000's and gets horrific fuel economy. The 2.5L has a punchier mid range which makes it better suited to the 6 chassis, a greatly improved transmission and far better fuel economy. With a 91 octane ECU tune, the 2.5L would have just enough torque and give the 3L a real run for it's money.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Groans: 19
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Inline View Post
Plus the 2.3L was built in an era when Ford forced Mazda to cost cut everywhere so the engine is shit, and 3L is a decent motor but very outdated for the early 2000's and gets horrific fuel economy. The 2.5L has a punchier mid range which makes it better suited to the 6 chassis, a greatly improved transmission and far better fuel economy. With a 91 octane ECU tune, the 2.5L would have just enough torque and give the 3L a real run for it's money.

You simply, as usual, have no idea what you are talking about. My 2004 V6 routinely averages 25mpg and it goes into the 30mpg+ range on long highway trips.

Obviously you do not own nor ever have owned one so please refrain from posting about things you have 0 experience with.

:b sflag:
GerryB likes this.

2004 Mazda 6s 3.0 5dr. 5spd never ending money vacuum project:
CP-E headers w/catted mid + Magnaflow carback/AEM CAI/3.7L TB/Speed6 springs/RX-8 wheels
AWR 70D Enginemount/CP-E Dogbone/Custom urethane stock trans mount
Ralco shortshifter/Bose w/Auxmod/sharkfin antenna/lots of little things...

Last edited by b1lk1; 08-16-2018 at 06:29 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
You simply, as usual, have no idea what you are talking about. My 2004 V6 routinely averages 25mpg and it goes into the 30mpg+ range on long highway trips.

Obviously you do not own nor ever have owned one so please refrain from posting about things you have 0 experience with.
My friend used to own an auto version. I used to own a manual version. Yes, I do know what I am talking about so I will post about it.

I don't know how you got 30MPG on the highway, because the EPA rating is 24MPG which I found to be accurate. Both the auto and manual versions we had never got much more than that. In the city, driving aggressively is where it got really bad - My friend routinely averaged less than 15MPG and it would be at 10MPG or worse in the winter. He drove the shit out of his car, but that's still very bad fuel economy.

I found the auto version to have a lot of lag in the low RPM's because of the torque converter. The 5speed felt notably faster and pulled much strong off the line in low RPM's. It really helped bring out the character of the engine and make it lively to drive in comparison to the auto. It was a great car despite it's shit MPG.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Im parting out my 06 6 mt hatch if youre interested in anything you dont have option wise. I need to liquidate everything as fast as possible, so prices will be bargain basement and i will ship anything anywhere as long as you pay for the larger items like seats etc.

2006 6 Hatch Grand Touring 5spd Sunroof

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonTsi90 View Post
Im parting out my 06 6 mt hatch if youre interested in anything you dont have option wise. I need to liquidate everything as fast as possible, so prices will be bargain basement and i will ship anything anywhere as long as you pay for the larger items like seats etc.
Do you have the black leather front seats? The ones in my 07 are trashed (previous owner clearly didn’t care about interior maintenance)

2007 6 Hatch 3.0 V6 ATX

Mods tinted windows, trans cooler, triple gauge dash pod, EGR tube delete, TB coolant bypass, gutted exhaust w/ MagnaFlow muffler
To Come lowering springs, sway bars, subframe brace, strut tower brace
Places to find me-
->
<- ->
<- ->
<-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page