post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
2018 Signature Soul Red

Hi All. Well after months of waiting since it was introduced in Nov. I finally was able to look at, drive, and buy a new 18' Signature 6. I had a 16' 6 GT with tech package, that only had 13.5k but my lease was almost up, so I decided to trade up. Initially I was looking at the black with brown interior, however they got in a Soul Red / parchment a couple of days later and I couldn't let it go. The new Soul Red is an amazing color. Like a crimson with multiple shades depending on the curve of the body. The new brown interiors is too dark for a brown in my opinion. The parchment is really light, but of the two I prefer it.

The engine is interesting. We have a 18' CX-9 (wife's), so I kind of knew what I would be getting. It is quieter and smoother than my 16' was. The power is interesting, because it doesn't feel super strong until you really get into it. Just a nice healthy push. Whereas my 16' would bog when it hit 2nd gear, the turbo keeps the momentum much better. In sport mode, it really comes alive after 3k. Not sure what 0-60 will be, but my guess would be low 6s, maybe high 5s. I haven't been flooring it, because it is so green still. She needs to break in gently.

The interior is so much nicer. Materials are really top notch, and definitely a step above the class. Stereo is pretty good, love the ventilated seats, and what I really love at night is the LED lighting. I don't know why the literature doesn't say more about it, but the foot well and ambient lighting is really a nice touch. On the signature, every light that I can find is LED, even the trunk light!

I will say the 360 camera is only so-so. The picture is not very clear, and the line overlay around the car makes it difficult to see objects. It is still better than just a backup camera though.

Mazda is really killing it right now. The quality of their materials is better than anything in their price ranges. Good job Mazda! Keep it up.
LIMazda6, Trippp and Samuel Ross like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Congrats and glad it was good enough to move you to pick one up! Post up them pics though so we can be even more jealous.

2017.5 Mazda6 Touring 6sp. manual Deep Crystal Blue, Fog Lights
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Thanked 1,137 Times in 827 Posts
Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
Garage
Congrats! And yeah, pics of your new ride would be nice, especially for people on the right coast whose dealers haven't gotten any yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Groans: 4
Garage
Thanks for sharing. The LED lighting sounds like nice details that weren’t mentioned anywhere. I noticed in the owners manual online it looks like even the rear doors have courtesy lights now, too.

Would you say it’s significantly quieter than the outgoing model?

Can you post a picture of the brown interior if you happen by the dealership? I’m actually excited to hear it’s a darker brown.

Congrats on the purchase! Keep sharing your impressions.

'18 Machine Gray GT Reserve
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Learners License

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congrats! How much was the ride all said an done? Is it another lease?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Sorry I haven't had a chance to take pics yet. If you look on Autotrader in Oregon, there are several dealerships who have pictures online. I will work on it.
@Trippp - I did not have a chance to drive a 17' or 17.5' Mazda 6, so I can't compare the 18' to that. I will say it is significantly quieter than my 16'. Both the motor, and the road noise. If you have driven a newer CX-9, it is pretty comparably to those. I am very happy with the quietness. Probably also helps that they are using Falcon tires now, instead of the crappy Dunlops.
@toastymango - They did not want to deal too much on price, being brand new and all. I ended up getting it for $34,200. They gave me $22,000 for my trade, which I thought was kind of low, but KBB is low on them. I had $950 of loyalty dollars to use. I did go with another lease. After trade in and $1,500 down, my monthly is $402. I thought that was reasonable for a Signature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page