Newbie 2006 Mazdaspeed6 here - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie 2006 Mazdaspeed6 here

Hi all, I've had my Mazdaspeed6 in beautiful red for over 3 years now. Just haven't made an account before. She has been great to me until recently, the engine is knocking bad and damaged. Looking to get some insight on what to do with her. Dropping in a new motor doesn't seem cost effective. Suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Garage
Welcome to the forum !

Sorry to hear about your issue. From what I've seen you won't get much for it selling it as is (<1k). Spending ~2k on a replacement engine might be worth depending on the overall condition of the vehicle....
Look at it this way. A car depreciates between 100-500+ per month depending on the brand/trim/year. If you spend 2k fixing it and you get 12-24 months out of it, you'll be ahead of the game (IMO).

2016-Current: 2006 Mazda 6 GT - V6 - Hatchback w/NAV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008-2015: 2004 Mazda 6 GS - I4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 11:39 PM
Rally Racer

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Sorry to hear. Well, the way I figure you either fix or don't. If not, then you can part it out. Parting is laborious and time consuming but makes for a lot of happy people getting some great stuff. You can sell it complete for someone that wants a project. Scrap will pick it up for a few hundred. otherwise not too much else. I was contemplating this very thing a few weeks ago and opted for the hard road. I pulled out the cheque book and paid.
I wish you the best.

Mozz-D
2004 6s Wagon 3.0, 5-speed ATX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:07 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 782 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2887 Post(s)
Thanked 4,060 Times in 2,852 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to see you're having issues.

He only stops by once in a while, but the absolute best person to talk to about this is @TiGraySpeed6.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Lowspeed

Mentioned: 170 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,156 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Welcome to 6Club! Sorry we had to meet this way

What to do is an interesting question- Are you asking about options to get her running again, or about exit strategy options? "...insight on what to do with her" could go either way, and I'm sure we could offer many ideas on either.

Along with that would be where are you located, and what if any mechanical skill you have? Doing things yourself can really help your budget. It's funny, in a not funny way, but I know several folks that weren't mechanically inclined when the purchased their Speed6, and after a few years they had extensive tool collections and were rather capable mechanics in their own right, out of self defense if nothing else...

So, in or out, and how much can you handle yourself? Also where are you as the Speed community is pretty small, but very helpful!

Sold 7/2016- Mazdaspeed6 GT #3476 TiGray slicktop, fully bolted & badass

1and1
135i - E82.N54 2009 BSM - MHD S1+ / xHP S3 / PR CP & IC / RB PCV / Borla
. . . . RSFI, Koni & Eibach, Dinan CP's & M3 CA's / EBC Red's & Firehawk 500's
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's
The Following User Says Thank You to TiGraySpeed6 For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (03-10-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page