Some general news questions - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some general news questions

I bought my 2008 Mazda 6 about two weeks ago and I'm really liking it so far. I got the I Sedan Sport Value Edition, which is lacking some features I'm looking to upgrade.

I went to some local junk yards and got fog lights, spoiler, mud flaps, home link mirror.

I plan on installing an aftermarket stereo system soon as well but the price of that is a little high to jump right into.

Where can I get a stock button to fit into the panel on the left of the steering wheel next to the coin holder? That is where I would like to install the control for the fog lights and Id like it to look as stock as possible however the car I took them from had the controls attached to the steering wheel.

I took mud flaps off a 2003 but they do not line up with my bumper. I do have side skirts but I didn't think it would matter attaching the back end flaps to the back bumper. They don't line up.

Any advice, tips, or tricks related or not but be greatly appreciated. This forum has been a great resource so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Groans: 1
The fog light controls are on the headlight/blinker switch, not a button, that's what you have to update(it was on '04, I could be wrong about it being same on the '08 tho).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Groans: 66
Groaned at 20 Times in 18 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MonoxideChild
Mazda also has Switches for the foglights that fit right where the OP was saying to the left of the steering wheel. I actually have a few of those fog switches myself. I had to use on ewhen i installed a set of bumper fogs in my 05 Sport as my stock fogs are in the headlights themselves.

If you want a OEM Mazda foglight switch for that area RannelBrad, hit me up. Like i said, i have two of them left still, and they even have the wiring pigtail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannelbrad View Post

I took mud flaps off a 2003 but they do not line up with my bumper. I do have side skirts but I didn't think it would matter attaching the back end flaps to the back bumper. They don't line up.
Because Mazda never sold any mud flaps for cars equipped with side skirts. They were only sold for the base models without skirts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Groans: 0
But the side skirts never come in contact with the rear bumper, why would that effect the way the mud flaps fit?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannelbrad View Post
But the side skirts never come in contact with the rear bumper, why would that effect the way the mud flaps fit?
Because the side skirts come in contact with the front fender. Which is were the Mudflaps mount.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page