post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Mazda6 Owner

Hello everyone. I am new to the forums as I have just gotten a new/used 2005 Mazda6i 2.3L auto 135k last week. The car drives nice and is quite peppy with a 4 banger in it and has lots of room for my kids.

Long story short, my wife's old Kia Rio's timing belt broke, so her engine probably did too. At the same time I sold my old '96 Ford Probe GT-ZE

Decision was between a Nissan Altima and a Mazda6, we chose the Mazda because... to quote my wife "It looks pretty", and because it is the "spiritual" successor to the Probe/626, so that appealed to me as well...LOL.

------

Question: Is there anything "specific" to this car that I should check out/replace. This weekend I am going to replace a bunch of the fluids and check the plugs, but is there anything I should definitely check even if it is a mundane thing such as fluids or perhaps a specific type of oil/plug to use?

Thanks.

Last edited by raipier27; 01-13-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Groans: 172
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raipier27 View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums as I have just gotten a new/used 2005 Mazda6i 2.3L auto 135k last week. The car drives nice and is quite peppy with a 4 banger in it and has lots of room for my kids.

Long story short, my wife's old Kia Rio's timing belt broke, so her engine probably did too. At the same time I sold my old '96 Ford Probe GT-ZE

Decision was between a Nissan Altima and a Mazda6, we chose the Mazda because... to quote my wife "It looks pretty", and because it is the "spiritual" successor to the Probe/626, so that appealed to me as well...LOL.

------

Question: Is there anything "specific" to this car that I should check out/replace. This weekend I am going to replace a bunch of the fluids and check the plugs, but is there anything I should definitely check even if it is a mundane thing such as fluids or perhaps a specific type of oil/plug to use?

Thanks.
The real common issue I have seen with the Gen1's in the Mazda shop are the Passenger side motor mount (Its filled with hydraulic fluid so you'll see it leaking) on the front of the engine, and the one at the firewall. VERY common. Also Plugs are so cheap I would just pick up a set of NGK's and replace them. Outside of that I really can't think of anything other then what you already intend to look at or flush.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have the 06 i 2.3l and it had been a great car with 140k on it. Nothing major done except routine maintenance. Welcome to the club and post us some pics of your ride

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 06:43 PM

Location: fargo, nd, usa, north america, earth, the milky way galxy,the universe
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Groans: 16
Groaned at 8 Times in 6 Posts
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Nprguymc
Welcome!

Born again 2004 Mazda6 I
Forged internals 2.3L
Wiesco pistons Eagle rods

"Strike me down and I'll become more powerfull than you could possibly imagine"
-Ben Kenobi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page