I now own my first ever Mazda! - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
I now own my first ever Mazda!

Hello Mazda 6 Club!

I recently had some bad luck and good fortune. While driving to work on the last Monday of March I was the middle car in a 3-car sandwich wreck on the highway and walked away unscathed except for some serious soreness. While I made it out unharmed, my old 2002 Dodge Stratus did not. It was totaled out and I was thrown into the vast, scary world of looking for a new car to buy. Not being a car nut at all, I was immediately overwhelmed by trying to figure out what the heck I actually needed in a new car: 4 or 6 cylinders? A hybrid? How much horsepower? What size? OhGodWhatDoIDo?

Now, before this whole experience I had never driven nor even really considered looking at a Mazda. That completely changed when I got my rental car: a 2011 Mazda 3 (this was the good fortune). It was the most bare bones rental car I have ever gotten. It didn’t even have power locks and I can’t remember how many times I accidentally walked away and left it unlocked. Anyway, despite that, It was still just so much fun to drive. I spent a whole Saturday (10 hours) going from Dealership to Dealership talking to salesmen and driving cars because I had absolutely 0 idea what was out there, and each time I got back in the 3 to drive to the next dealership I was having more fun than I was in the new cars! Around hour 5, I saw the sign for a Mazda Dealership and thought “….Yeah, why not. Let’s go look and see what they have." I walked in and saw what was eventually going to be my new car.

I spent the next week hemming and hawing about what the heck car I was going to get, and I kept going back to the Mazda Website to see that car again. I checked major review sites, blogs, youtube videos, and even message board posts to compare the models I were considering. The race ended up being so close and the cars so even based on my criteria that it ended up coming down to looks and how much actual fun the car was to drive, and the Mazda blew the rest away.

So, long story short (and I’m sure the only part anyone here cares about): I’m now the proud owner of a brand spanking new 2014 Mazda 6 GT in Reflex Blue with White Almond interior. I was originally going to get the Touring model, but I ended up getting waaaaay more money for that old Stratus then I even imagined I would, and that bumped me over the edge into the Grand Touring model.

I’ve had the car for about 2 weeks now and I had a car nut friend who helped me through the whole process ask me a question. He said “So, you bought a new car after you said it was stupid to buy new since they lose value so quickly, you went up to Leather seats after you said you didn’t need leather, and you got a Mid-Size after you said you probably only need a smaller hatchback-style car. Having any buyer’s remorse?” My response? “Absolutely not. This car is gorgeous, fun to drive, and did I mention it’s gorgeous?”

TLDR: 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring in Reflex Blue with Almond Leather interior.

Last edited by Fotiey; 04-22-2013 at 11:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fotiey For This Useful Post:
Outlook (06-16-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 779 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2882 Post(s)
Thanked 4,059 Times in 2,851 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Welcome to the forum!

Cool story, sorry to hear what happened but glad you're all right.

Congrats on your new ride.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Thanked 1,093 Times in 873 Posts
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is a gorgeous color and color combo. Welcome!

2006 Mazda 6s GS | Hatchback | Tungsten Gray

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Welcome! Great choice

Cobb AP, SRI, TIP | CP-E HPFP | CS TBE | TS BPV | Custom FMIC | H&R Springs | SU RMM | NGK Colder Plugs | JBR EGR Blockoff

FlowTuned By TiGraySpeed6
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 01:02 PM
100% CANUCK

Mentioned: 361 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,205 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
Welcome to 6club!!

Glad you walked away unharmed.

Very nice new car!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---
---
---
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Congrats!!! Welcome another 3rd gen!

Kasumi 04 VR GT RX8: Greddy SP2, RB Dual Res Mid-Pipe, AEM CAI, COBB AP, MS Rep Body Kit, MS Strut Tower Bar, Tein S-Tech's, 18" 2 Piece Racing Hart CR's, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, AFE Short Shifter, Glowshift Gauges, Vent Gauge Pod, Rotary Pillars, JDM Clear Corners w/ LED's, GTO Spoiler, Rear Accent, Badges and Brake Light Delete, Momo Shift Knob, Red Stitch Leather Shift Boot and Arm Rest Covers.

Christie 2014 Touring Meteor Grey 6: Stock

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Cool story, sorry to hear what happened but glad you're all right.

Congrats on your new ride.
Thank you, thank you. I swear I read your post as "Cool Story Bro" the first time and I thought I was getting ripped on

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmceorange View Post
That is a gorgeous color and color combo. Welcome!
Isn't it? I can't believe the blue doesn't cost money like Red and White, because the instant I saw it I knew it was the right one. It looks downright gorgeous with the "tan" interior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smoke View Post
Welcome to 6club!!

Glad you walked away unharmed.
Me too. I still can't believe I didn't end up with anything worse then a sore back and neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunbelievable View Post
Congrats!!! Welcome another 3rd gen!
I hope us 3rd gen-ers aren't looked at as peasants in the Mazda 6 world. The car is just too damn pretty to not love.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's fun to have a car I like so much I'm looking on message boards to read up and talk about it!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotiey View Post
I hope us 3rd gen-ers aren't looked at as peasants in the Mazda 6 world. The car is just too damn pretty to not love.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's fun to have a car I like so much I'm looking on message boards to read up and talk about it!
Nah, thus far I have yet to be treated like a lesser enthusiast. I also stick to the topics that I might be able to contribute to which since I just got the car, is limited to bargaining prices and saying hello

Kasumi 04 VR GT RX8: Greddy SP2, RB Dual Res Mid-Pipe, AEM CAI, COBB AP, MS Rep Body Kit, MS Strut Tower Bar, Tein S-Tech's, 18" 2 Piece Racing Hart CR's, Slotted/Drilled Rotors, AFE Short Shifter, Glowshift Gauges, Vent Gauge Pod, Rotary Pillars, JDM Clear Corners w/ LED's, GTO Spoiler, Rear Accent, Badges and Brake Light Delete, Momo Shift Knob, Red Stitch Leather Shift Boot and Arm Rest Covers.

Christie 2014 Touring Meteor Grey 6: Stock

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Groaned at 9 Times in 7 Posts
Welcome! beautiful car. Glad to here you made it out of the accident okay and everything worked out for you.

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

-insert overreaction here-

2013 Scion tC MTX Release Series 8.0 (1688 of 2000):

2005 Mazda6i MTX Hatch: Traded.

2004 Mazda6s MTX Hatch: Totaled.
2000 Dodge Neon ATX: Winter Beater
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Damn that is a sexy color combo. Welcome!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Don't care enough to think of anything funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page