post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
New MS6 Owner

Hey there. Just joined this forum and just bought a 06' MS6 GT with 74K miles on it. I've been in love with this car since it's launch, and I'm glad I finally own one. This is my second car and inevitably, the one I'll also be learning how to drive stick in...
Looking to make some friends and gain some knowledge.
(BTW: I'm located in Long Island, NY)
Here she is. Planning to have a bright future with this girl.
(Sorry for the crappy quality. I didn't get around to taking other pictures yet)

Last edited by Dethkid_MS6; 01-08-2013 at 10:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dethkid_MS6 For This Useful Post:
SonicNutrition (01-08-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Thanked 1,215 Times in 860 Posts
Groans: 27
Groaned at 46 Times in 41 Posts
Welcome. Any plans for mods? Where are you located?

2016 Mustang GT
1997 Jeep ZJ
SOLD:1996 Miata
SOLD: 1967 Chevy C10 Stepside
SOLD: 2006 BCM MS6 GT #00584
CP-E 3" Straight Pipe Exhaust. CP-E TMIC. HTP 3" TIP. Custom 3.5" MAF SRI. SU RMM. SU TP. Forge V1 BPV. Cobb AP. RichTuned. Denso ITV22. PTP HPFP Internals. STi S204 Lip. Megan Racing Springs. XXR 530 18x8.75 +33. VEI Boost Gauge with Block8head pod. Blox Shift Knob.

SOLD:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 701 Post(s)
Groans: 172
Groaned at 15 Times in 15 Posts
First and foremost,

Second of all, Congrats! I too was a fan since launch and was my first MTX. After about 2 weeks of daily driving you get very used to it and you are no longer affraid of rolling back and crunching your speed's rear cover. This Forums is the absolute best resource for info.

You'll find that this thread is like a new MS6 owners handbook. Anything you can't find in there, or even if there is something you would like to talk more about, we all will be happy to help. Look forward to seeing you around.

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

@6Y MAZDA
Thanks for the Welcome. I live in Long Island, New York. And yeah, I do plan on modding. Very subtle stuff. I wanna lower a bit, get some new mounts, Upgrade the TMIC, probably get a ram air intake. I'm doing some research on the exhaust systems out there. Any suggestions?
@SonicNutrition
Thanks also for the welcome. I've actually been doing my HW on the 6 for a while. This forum has popped up numerous and kinda gave me more or less the courage to dive in. I managed to do pretty well on the test drive, but compared to my first car, this thing is a powerhouse. lol.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Mazda Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethkid_MS6 View Post
@6Y MAZDA
Thanks for the Welcome. I live in Long Island, New York. And yeah, I do plan on modding. Very subtle stuff. I wanna lower a bit, get some new mounts, Upgrade the TMIC, probably get a ram air intake. I'm doing some research on the exhaust systems out there. Any suggestions?
@SonicNutrition
Thanks also for the welcome. I've actually been doing my HW on the 6 for a while. This forum has popped up numerous and kinda gave me more or less the courage to dive in. I managed to do pretty well on the test drive, but compared to my first car, this thing is a powerhouse. lol.

Top purchases are Rear Motor mount and the diff mounts. These make a Huge differance in the drivabilty and longevity of your MS6. Especially the RMM interms of shifting. As for an exhaust, there are very few out there, the most affordable being the Magnaflow, but Its an area I haven't done much research in.

I too did my research prior to purchasing my Speed6 and the amount of returns to this site are whats kept me here. Great people.

Also, if you are interested, we are planning a group climb up Mt.washington, the info can be found in my sig below.

|
|
The Following User Says Thank You to SonicNutrition For This Useful Post:
TheSokoBro (01-11-2013)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
to the forum,,,
Need a pod for your gauge, check my sig..

2006 Mazdaspeed6: Gone

Need the pod for your gauge? Read here ======>
The Following User Says Thank You to block8head For This Useful Post:
SonicNutrition (01-08-2013)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

@SonicNutrition
Yeah I was taking a look at that. Looks like fun. I may get back to you on that one actually. I was thinking about magnaflow, but I cobb and cp-e seem to get that richer, throaty sound I'm looking for. lol. As for the mounts, I've heard, thanks to this forum. Besides the Xcarlink, those are my absolute first purchases for this car.
@block8head
Thanks for the welcome and I WILL be taking those once someone shows me how to install a boost gauge. lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dethkid_MS6 For This Useful Post:
block8head (01-08-2013), SonicNutrition (01-08-2013)
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Mazda Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethkid_MS6 View Post
@SonicNutrition
Yeah I was taking a look at that. Looks like fun. I may get back to you on that one actually. I was thinking about magnaflow, but I cobb and cp-e seem to get that richer, throaty sound I'm looking for. lol. As for the mounts, I've heard, thanks to this forum. Besides the Xcarlink, those are my absolute first purchases for this car.
@block8head
Thanks for the welcome and I WILL be taking those once someone shows me how to install a boost gauge. lol

Ben makes a great OEM looking Gauge Pod. Here are some links to help you install a boost guage in the future.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspe...nnections.html

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspe...-w-dimmer.html

http://forum.mazda6club.com/mazdaspe...ion-guide.html

http://forum.mazda6club.com/interior...ost-gauge.html

Combined, these will help you out.

|
|
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SonicNutrition For This Useful Post:
block8head (01-08-2013), Dethkid_MS6 (01-08-2013)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Welcome to the site

l
l
l

Have I helped you or supplied you with Information? Thank me by donating to The New England Mazda6 Auto Club
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Groans: 22
Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
WElcome where are you located.

"I'd rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built if for me. Your car is your story so don't let someone else write the book." Moog from Mighty Car MOD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page