Mazda 6 Forums banner

Forgive me for being stupid

977 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cmcphoto 
#1 ·
hello all!
I have been looking on ebay for just random parts for my new 6 and I keep seeing the letters "JDM" on items. Is this a off brand or does it mean something? Sorry for the dumb question.

#2 ·
iirc, JDM refers to Japanese, as opposed to NA which refers to North American. This is important because JDM parts won't necessarily fit NA cars.

#6 ·
Just because a grille is "JDM," that does not mean that it will not fit your car. JDM does not only refer to the equipment sold on cars in Japan, but also the style which they are made. If you are looking for something on ebay the sellers usually post which models it will fit (NA, JDM/Euro). Iirc, grilles are the same on all of the 6's so that should be a problem. Post a link to the item if you want a definate answer.

#7 ·
Just because a grille is "JDM," that does not mean that it will not fit your car. JDM does not only refer to the equipment sold on cars in Japan, but also the style which they are made. If you are looking for something on ebay the sellers usually post which models it will fit (NA, JDM/Euro). Iirc, grilles are the same on all of the 6's so that should be a problem. Post a link to the item if you want a definate answer.
[/b]
dragonfly....nice car! i want those rims for mine, but i dont think i want 18" maybe 17" im cheap!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.