User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Shane23 Send a message via MSN to Shane23 Send a message via Yahoo to Shane23
Unhappy

I've searched and searched but haventh found anything in the forums only about the trunk light itself, but what i want to know is there a "trunk notification light" in the dash, that lets me know the trunk is open. A friend of mine had to get something from the trunk and didnt close it properly and i drove all the way to CT from NY with my trunk open on the I95. It didnt fly open but wouldve been embrassing to have my stuff bump out my trunk on the interstate.

Is there any notification that the trunk is open whether it be the open door icon or its own icon, the open door icon doesnt come on when the trunk is open so i know thats not it. is there none or is mine broken out out or something...

My brake light (in dash) was also not working but comes on when i first start the car but not when i pull the handbrake took it to the dealer and said it was a loose wire which was fixed, but totally forgot to ask about the trunk light.

| 2005 Mazda 6i (Performance White) |
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Marko343 Send a message via MSN to Marko343 Send a message via Yahoo to Marko343
As far as I know there is no light at all but the car will not lock(beep) if it's open, o the time I was doing 100 then got home and notice my trunk was open!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~- ^CarDomain Link^ -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Shane23 Send a message via MSN to Shane23 Send a message via Yahoo to Shane23
Quote:
As far as I know there is no light at all but the car will not lock(beep) if it's open, o the time I was doing 100 then got home and notice my trunk was open!
[/b]
wait your car beeps when it locks mines only blinks the two signal lights is there a way to turn on that beep feature..

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to kpjimmy Send a message via Skype™ to kpjimmy
Yeah I looked in the manual and I couldn't find any reference either. You just need to be aware of the trunk I guess. I have done it once, but once I found my trunk to be open when I got home, I now look at the trunk everytime I get into the car. Kinda silly if you accidentally open the trunk when in the car though. But there has to be a indicator somewhere!!! (even though I believe there isn't)

Come join the flickr group!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah I looked in the manual and I couldn't find any reference either. You just need to be aware of the trunk I guess. I have done it once, but once I found my trunk to be open when I got home, I now look at the trunk everytime I get into the car. Kinda silly if you accidentally open the trunk when in the car though. But there has to be a indicator somewhere!!! (even though I believe there isn't)
[/b]

Does your car beep when u lock your doors or just the flash of the two signal lights..?

|
|
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
When I first got my car, it beeped when I hit the alarm. Then magically, one day it stopped beeping and did the 2 flashes thing. Then, a few months down the road, it un-magically reverted back to beeping. I think my alarm is possessed. If anyone knows how to make it stop beeping that would be great.

Or I'll just let my alarm decide for me what it wants to do
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:12 PM

Press lock button twice and it beeps. You probably didn't notice when you first got your car.

"Parents, teach your children. Children, teach your parents. Teachers, teach your pupils. Pupils, teach your teachers. Vision is the river, and we who have been changed are the flood."

"The world will not be saved by old minds with new programs. If the world is saved, it will be saved by new minds - with no programs."

2004 Mazda6s GT - Magnaflow Exhaust, 35% tint, leds everywhere

1996 MX5 Miata - Flying Miata Spring, KYB AGX shocks, 4 point roll-bar, Kenwood 3-ways, Alpine HU, Sony tweeters, and some other stuff...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Press lock button twice and it beeps. You probably didn't notice when you first got your car.
[/b]
wait its only beeps this way, say for example you hit the lock button in the car on the door and when all doors have been shut the signal lights blink, does this merrit a beep also, or it only beeps when the lock button it hit on the remote.. why twice..?

|
|
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 10:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to thetalonguy
I've had the car for about 10 days and I think I have driven with the trunk open at least 3 separate occasions. They only way that I knew that it was open is when the alarm wouldn't arm. Does everyone else have to slam their trunk to close it? Also, does anyone else notice you have to slam the doors rather hard to close them too?

2007 Black Mica Mazdaspeed 6 GT
2002 Dodge Viper GTS
2017 Dodge Ram 1500
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to kpjimmy Send a message via Skype™ to kpjimmy
Quote:
Does your car beep when u lock your doors or just the flash of the two signal lights..?
[/b]
My alarm is an aftermarket alarm with autostart. So I guess it beeps twice to unarm like every alarm with two flashes of light. If I try to arm I believe it arms normally with the one beep, but when I unarm, it beeps three times. But again, this is the aftermarket alarm, not stock. So I hope that helps!

Come join the flickr group!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page