Well this place has died.. - Page 2 - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 11:02 AM
Mazda Guru

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Thanked 1,167 Times in 854 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 6 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse2016James View Post
Moderators, feel free to delete my account.
As you wish...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2018 MAZDA 6 GRAND TOURING RESERVE - Deep Crystal Blue
"The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya View Post
It died years ago, Sean. Unfortunately, people stopped coming here and the group faded apart. I'm sure you've been kept in the loop for what else has transpired with the group since the climb.

I'm pretty much the only New Englander who regularly visits and posts on this forum. Sad times indeed.
I don't know how things used to be with this forum (or NEM6) considering Im new to Mazda but currently I don't see as much activity as I would like to from people from New England.

A little background about me:

I was lucky enough to have my dad buy me this car last year because my old 01 Accord V6 was giving me a lot of trouble. Told him I can live with it but he insisted. And what a great joy it is to drive! Like some of you guys, I'm almost done my BS in Information Technology (Business Intelligence). I can name every car miles away but I don't know anything when it comes to the internals, which brings me here.

I check this forum multiple times a day just to learn and contribute where I can. The people here have been extremely helpful! I have also noticed that we respect each other more on these forums as opposed to how users talk to each other on other forums. I've done some aesthetic mods but nothing crazy. Being a college student, I'm on a budget and don't have too much money for mods like intakes, exhaust systems, etc. (as much as I'd like them) but it would be nice to meet others in the NE area and check out their rides
ChrisHas6 likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zWaj For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (01-19-2016), Mz6GreyGhost (01-19-2016)
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-18-2016, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Groans: 3
Garage
I concur. I dont know how these forums used to be but i will say, for what its worth, i have learned a decent amount in the short time ive been on here. Im still far away from giving advice but i enjoy all these guys and the threads immensly.

Ive also met two others from san diego on this site. Good things are stil going on here
ChrisHas6 likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mason1019 For This Useful Post:
Byakuya (01-19-2016), Mz6GreyGhost (01-19-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 11:19 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 784 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2894 Post(s)
Thanked 4,065 Times in 2,855 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zWaj View Post
I don't know how things used to be with this forum (or NEM6) considering Im new to Mazda but currently I don't see as much activity as I would like to from people from New England. ...

...but it would be nice to meet others in the NE area and check out their rides
Perhaps if there's enough interest, I could begin giving people reason to take small trips to enjoy other enthusiasts' company once more

I started it from nothing once, I would hope I could do it again.

As for how things were with NEM6 around originally......let's just say we needed to create our own forum because having the top 5 - 10 threads active on the forum constantly started to become a nuisance for other users NOT looking for New England stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason1019 View Post
I concur. I dont know how these forums used to be but i will say, for what its worth, i have learned a decent amount in the short time ive been on here. Im still far away from giving advice but i enjoy all these guys and the threads immensly.

Ive also met two others from san diego on this site. Good things are stil going on here
The amount of information on here is immeasurable. It's all about how much you're willing to learn from others, and learn from making mistakes

The forum always ebbs and flows, as we've said previously in this thread, but the demeanor by which everyone presents themselves on here won't change. I've been on enough other forums to realize that this forum is quite unique when it comes to the friendliness and overall family-like community.
zWaj and Mason1019 like this.

Current:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

The Following User Says Thank You to Byakuya For This Useful Post:
Mz6GreyGhost (01-19-2016)
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
The amount of information on here is immeasurable. It's all about how much you're willing to learn from others, and learn from making mistakes
Forums like this are among the greatest tools that a car owner and DIY'er can use. Having virtual connections with hundreds of other owners translates into financial savings, time savings, and a hell of a lot of peace of mind!

Quote:
...the demeanor by which everyone presents themselves on here won't change. I've been on enough other forums to realize that this forum is quite unique when it comes to the friendliness and overall family-like community.
Absolutely true! I recently sold a car partially due to the fact that every forum I visited as a resource for information and support left me sorely disappointed and occasionally offended.

2003 6i, 2005 3s, 2006 6s.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 5 Posts
Garage
Mazda US Diesel Debacle

Quote:
Some turbo, awd, wagon, manual transmission action, and less intrusive traction control will bring this forum back! Maybe...
I agree 100%

After the whole Mazda US diesel debacle (its coming! ... its delayed ... radio silence zzzzzz ....) Mazda needs some real, exciting product in the showroom, rather than corporate grandstanding which results in nothing but A LOT OF DISAPPOINTMENT. Actually selling exciting stuff should improve forum participation, I would guess.

We still have the 2004. We can wait. There are other brands out there. Mazda, want to sell new product ?

Don

Officially Something ...
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 1047 Post(s)
Thanked 1,093 Times in 873 Posts
Most of what's already been said. A lot of kids now seem to think that slamming their car and putting expensive wheels on it and installing colored leds is considered tuning (although, admittingly, that's pretty much all I've done to mine LOL (except my wheels are far from expensive)). While I'm all about personalization, I believe there is more to modding than stance and facebook.

Also, it's so difficult to actually tune engines these days I feel like most people don't even want to bother. I miss my older cars.

2006 Mazda 6s GS | Hatchback | Tungsten Gray

|
|
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Perhaps if there's enough interest, I could begin giving people reason to take small trips to enjoy other enthusiasts' company once more
14 hours worth of reasons? XD

06 MX5 GT - w/ Susp. Package (Bilstein shocks and LSD), Prog. Tech. Springs, Bose/xCarlink/10 Inch Fosgate P2 with Alpine 250w amp, RoadsterSport 2 Muffler, Racing Beat catless midpipe, AEM CAI, RHT
05 6i, Glacier Silver - Traded!
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 08:05 AM
Shiro Shinobi

Mentioned: 784 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2894 Post(s)
Thanked 4,065 Times in 2,855 Posts
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
14 hours worth of reasons? XD
You'd have to talk with Cody or whatever is remaining of NEM6. Neither he nor they want anything to do with me

....but the reasoning for that is something that won't be discussed on here.

But who knows, maybe my little group of close friends will travel your way at some point.

Current:
, Sold:
, 3rd Generation

A gov't big enough to give you anything you want is big enough to take all you have.
"Camry: For Drivers Without a Soul." - Mz6GreyGhost
For your 'will these tires fit' needs:

Need a Part Number? Find it

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Groans: 9
Groaned at 10 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
You'd have to talk with Cody or whatever is remaining of NEM6. Neither he nor they want anything to do with me

....but the reasoning for that is something that won't be discussed on here.

But who knows, maybe my little group of close friends will travel your way at some point.
Bah, I don't get involved in any drama, I just like driving!

We need a Canada meet, and I could make that easily, as well as the Canadians obviously...
zWaj likes this.

06 MX5 GT - w/ Susp. Package (Bilstein shocks and LSD), Prog. Tech. Springs, Bose/xCarlink/10 Inch Fosgate P2 with Alpine 250w amp, RoadsterSport 2 Muffler, Racing Beat catless midpipe, AEM CAI, RHT
05 6i, Glacier Silver - Traded!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page