2009 Mazda 6i SV - transmission case bolt ID - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
2009 Mazda 6i SV - transmission case bolt ID

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting so please bear with me.

I have a 2009 Mazda 6i SV with a manual transmission. I was attempting to replace the transaxle oil for the 2nd time (I am at 154k miles) and for some reason I wasn't thinking clearly and I removed the wrong filler bolt/plug and the wrong drain bolt/plug.

If you look at the attached picture, instead of taking off the filler plug circled in red I took out the bolt/plug circled in green. Then instead of removing the drain plug which is the same size as the filler plug and not in the picture, I removed the bolt/plug circled in blue. Fluid started to drain as soon as I removed that bolt, and only then did I realize I was doing everything wrong. I immediately put both back in, and then I removed the correct filler plug and topped it off with fresh Red Line MT-90 (the same transaxle oil that was already in there).

With all this said, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the items circled in green and blue are for. And along with that, how bad was it that I removed those bolts? Before I go back and replace the oil using the proper fill/drain plugs, I wanted to find out exactly what I did.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mtx case.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	226690  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page