Mazda 6 Forums banner

MSP6 accident

9K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Orion 
#1 ·
Hi all.

It's a regret to announce that my msp6 has been written-off by my insurance. Don't know why because it seems to only have minor repair to do. But with the airbags, it goes to 11k. But the car still worth 24k.

Here's some pics..

I will have some parts to sell, CAI, BOV, engine mount...

will post when I'll have 50 posts :)

See less See more
#5 ·
No, I hit a scooter :S..

There was a small hill and the guy in scooter was stop in the middle of the lane. He was watching a dead skunk... there was no lights and didn't see anything...

as for the fur in the windshield, it's his hair...

the helmet wasn't enought tight and on the impact, flew over his head. So it was his head that hit the windshield at 90km/h (I was in a 80km/h zone)

the boy is ok, nothing to the head... only a open fracture to his tibia...

Horrible nightmare for over 2 weeks... now it's getting better..

sorry for the part out.. It was a lease, so didn't have the time to get some extra part...

#7 ·
That's human hair? Jesus christ.. I'm surprised that kids alive.

#9 ·
That's it, I'm parking my MS6 for the rest of the week. This is what, #3 or 4 in the past couple of days....

#11 ·
QUOTE (Confuc1ous @ Sep 15 2009, 12:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1600943
Can you buy the car back from the insurance company for a good deal?[/b]
I didn't ask... and don't even know if I could... It was a lease..Anwyays, now the car has been bought by Recyclage Auto PA in Montreal.

Maybe I should have try to buy the car back.. there was 6k in body and 4k for the airbag. At first view, the bodyshop told me, they will repaire it.

4 days later, the bitch a the insurance told me it was writte-off. At first, I was mad against this decision, I told her it was a mazdaspeed6, not a regular mazda 6. The car still worth 20k-24k cnd! But she refuse to negotiate. After speaking to buddy, they told me if it was their choice, in my situation (I'm loosing my job in 41 days), they rather take the deal to scrap the car...

So I called back the insurance and told them that I agree with the total loss of the car. She told me to go and take back what belong to me in the car.

3 days later.. She call me back again and told me. Where sorry, we are repairing the car, we didn't knew the car worth more than was we expected bla bla bla. I was like shit no!!!! Anyways the previous day I made a deposit of 2k on another car... So after a lot of bitchy talk, they agree that it was there fault and proceed to the normal procedure of written off...

A lot of problem with the insurance...

QUOTE (TaddO 2 @ Sep 14 2009, 11:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1600907
That's human hair? Jesus christ.. I'm surprised that kids alive.[/b]
you know what we say these days. Kids have hard head today! (les jeunes ont la tête dure aujourd'hui) ;)

anyways, I'm really glad the kid still alive and don't suffer any injuries to the head. But only the time will say if he don't have any sequels of this incident....

#12 ·
Sorry to hear bout that, that's a nice car

Hey, I need all the interior door panel is it too late?!
Can you give me the contact for the recycle auto pa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.