Mazda 6 Forums banner

Clunky plastic front license plate holder

9K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  K_Clark_17RTR 
#1 ·
Is there any way to mount the front license plate without the plastic mount? I’d prefer not to drill holes, but I do want to get rid of it as it looks tacky and protrudes like 4 inches out from the bumper.

#3 ·
If you can, just keep the front plate off. The front end looks so much better without the ugly plate covering it up.

I live in a state that it's technically illegal to drive without one, but I haven't had a front license plate for over 14 years on my last 4 vehicles. And, I've never received a citation, even after police officers noticed it wasn't there after I've been pulled over. Look at all the higher end sports cars driving on the road and see how many have front plates.

Not sure where you're located, but The 19 states that require only the rear license plate are:

Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Mississippi
New Mexico
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
West Virginia

#5 ·
I live in CA, but I actually took it off yesterday and now am keeping it off LOL

#6 ·
Wisconsin here. My dealer didn’t install the front plate when I took delivery. I thought they were required to install it. I asked the sales guy about it before I took the car and he was all like, “Nah, you don’t want to mess up that beautiful front end with that. Cops around here never stop people for it. I’d leave it off until someone complains.” LOL

I have the plate and the stock bracket in my trunk if I need it, but I’m not sure if the cops would buy that story if they ever questioned it. I’ve been stopped twice in the last year but they never said anything about the front plate either time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.