Clunky plastic front license plate holder - Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage
Clunky plastic front license plate holder

Is there any way to mount the front license plate without the plastic mount? I’d prefer not to drill holes, but I do want to get rid of it as it looks tacky and protrudes like 4 inches out from the bumper.

Youtube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eBay profile:

Instagram:

2015 Mazda 6 Sport
-2.5L/AT

Mod List
1. Debadge (lol) 03/09/2019
2. Interior LED's 03/16/2019
3. Front Strut Tower Bar 03/23/2019
4. Front License Plate Delete (lol) 03/24/2019
5. CorkSport Axelback Exhaust 03/29/2019
6. CorkSport Rear Sway Bar 06/15/2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Groaned at 3 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modzas6x View Post
Is there any way to mount the front license plate without the plastic mount? Id prefer not to drill holes, but I do want to get rid of it as it looks tacky and protrudes like 4 inches out from the bumper.

This is what I use.

https://forum.mazda6club.com/picture...ml#post5037894

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Learners License

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
If you can, just keep the front plate off. The front end looks so much better without the ugly plate covering it up.

I live in a state that it's technically illegal to drive without one, but I haven't had a front license plate for over 14 years on my last 4 vehicles. And, I've never received a citation, even after police officers noticed it wasn't there after I've been pulled over. Look at all the higher end sports cars driving on the road and see how many have front plates.

Not sure where you're located, but The 19 states that require only the rear license plate are:

Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Mississippi
New Mexico
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
West Virginia

2018 Mazda6 GTR White Pearl

ENKEI Tuning Series TD5 Pearl Black | CONTINENTAL Extreme Contact Sport | CorkSport Boost Tube | Tanabe Strut Tower Brace | Tinted Windows | OEM Splash Guards | Door Sill Trim Plates | Husky Liners Floor Mats

Ready to Install: Ultra Racing Rear Anti-Sway Bar

Thinking About: CorkSport Intercooler Upgrade | CorkSport Intercooler Piping Upgrade | Aftermarket Exhaust | Free-flow Cat | ECU Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
This is what I'm using atm, it seems to holding up well. The reviews and pictures are from me.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy1_17 View Post
If you can, just keep the front plate off. The front end looks so much better without the ugly plate covering it up.

I live in a state that it's technically illegal to drive without one, but I haven't had a front license plate for over 14 years on my last 4 vehicles. And, I've never received a citation, even after police officers noticed it wasn't there after I've been pulled over. Look at all the higher end sports cars driving on the road and see how many have front plates.

Not sure where you're located, but The 19 states that require only the rear license plate are:

Alabama
Arkansas
Arizona
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Michigan
Mississippi
New Mexico
North Carolina
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
West Virginia
I live in CA, but I actually took it off yesterday and now am keeping it off LOL

Youtube:

eBay profile:

Instagram:

2015 Mazda 6 Sport
-2.5L/AT

Mod List
1. Debadge (lol) 03/09/2019
2. Interior LED's 03/16/2019
3. Front Strut Tower Bar 03/23/2019
4. Front License Plate Delete (lol) 03/24/2019
5. CorkSport Axelback Exhaust 03/29/2019
6. CorkSport Rear Sway Bar 06/15/2019
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 02:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Groans: 2
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Vipre77 Send a message via Yahoo to Vipre77
Wisconsin here. My dealer didn’t install the front plate when I took delivery. I thought they were required to install it. I asked the sales guy about it before I took the car and he was all like, “Nah, you don’t want to mess up that beautiful front end with that. Cops around here never stop people for it. I’d leave it off until someone complains.” LOL

I have the plate and the stock bracket in my trunk if I need it, but I’m not sure if the cops would buy that story if they ever questioned it. I’ve been stopped twice in the last year but they never said anything about the front plate either time.

His: 2018 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, Machine Grey
Hers: 2016 CX-5 Sport FWD, Reflex Blue
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 10:50 AM
Learners License

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modzas6x View Post
I live in CA, but I actually took it off yesterday and now am keeping it off LOL
The front end looks so much better without that ugly plate. Hope you have as good of luck as I've had over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipre77 View Post
Wisconsin here. My dealer didnt install the front plate when I took delivery. I thought they were required to install it. I asked the sales guy about it before I took the car and he was all like, Nah, you dont want to mess up that beautiful front end with that. Cops around here never stop people for it. Id leave it off until someone complains. LOL

I have the plate and the stock bracket in my trunk if I need it, but Im not sure if the cops would buy that story if they ever questioned it. Ive been stopped twice in the last year but they never said anything about the front plate either time.
Ha, my dealer did the same thing. One of the sales guy was ready to drill the front end, if I wanted them to, but were waiting on my preference. I was happy that I didn't have to fill the holes on this vehicle.

Yea, my stock bracket is in my garage somewhere, not sure why I still have it. Nice. I'd be surprised if they make you put it on, but everywhere is different.

2018 Mazda6 GTR White Pearl

ENKEI Tuning Series TD5 Pearl Black | CONTINENTAL Extreme Contact Sport | CorkSport Boost Tube | Tanabe Strut Tower Brace | Tinted Windows | OEM Splash Guards | Door Sill Trim Plates | Husky Liners Floor Mats

Ready to Install: Ultra Racing Rear Anti-Sway Bar

Thinking About: CorkSport Intercooler Upgrade | CorkSport Intercooler Piping Upgrade | Aftermarket Exhaust | Free-flow Cat | ECU Tune
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 12:54 PM
Learners License

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Groans: 1
Garage
Man, I wish I could go without it in Texas. They'll warn (if not ticket) for this every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page